LIFEBOAT SERVICE.

100milesaway

11 hours ago, London Best said:

Some time in the 1970’s, I cannot recall when,  I was wildfowling alongside the Welland estuary on The Wash, way out on the mud at low tide. A cockle boat came up as far as the tide allowed and stopped. I knew this was unusual activity as the tide would not have allowed access to the river for a few hours at that time. I did not recognise the boat, so I knew it was not one of the local Fosdyke boats as I knew them all well at the time. After a very few minutes stationary the engine was started and the boat went back out into the Deeps. An Asian man wearing a suit and waders carrying a suitcase and a compass walked past me not fifty yards from me.

And you did...?

1 hour ago, old'un said:

And what would you have done in the same situation?

13 minutes ago, London Best said:

Reported it to the police.

👍🏻 correct answer 

The general opinion amongst the ‘Fowler’s in the pub that night was that I should have given him both barrels and let the tide bring him in.

👎

Certainly not the above. 

If it has any credence then you should be reporting it surely? If not then why mention it here?

38 minutes ago, Fatcatsplat said:

Have you lot actually listened to yourselves?

This forum used to be about pigeon shooting, but now it's just descended into a Darby and Joan club for blinkered racists and bigots to talk about the good old days when Enoch was the man

I'm done - Seeya...Bye

It is off topic, if you dont like then dont read/look at it.

Funny you mention Enoch Powell, as it would appear he was clairvoyant.

its no wonder people are feeling like this when they have concerns about the influx of large numbers of asylum seekers in their area, then should they mention the word asylum or refugee they get shouted down by someone like you calling them blinkered racists and bigots.

Edited by old'un

2 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

This forum used to be about pigeon shooting, but now it's just descended into a Darby and Joan club for blinkered racists and bigots to talk about the good old days when Enoch was the man

I'm done - Seeya

This isn't an airport and your not a plane so there is no need to announce your departure 😁 ask @Jaymo

20 hours ago, London Best said:

Some time in the 1970’s, I cannot recall when,  I was wildfowling alongside the Welland estuary on The Wash, way out on the mud at low tide. A cockle boat came up as far as the tide allowed and stopped. I knew this was unusual activity as the tide would not have allowed access to the river for a few hours at that time. I did not recognise the boat, so I knew it was not one of the local Fosdyke boats as I knew them all well at the time. After a very few minutes stationary the engine was started and the boat went back out into the Deeps. An Asian man wearing a suit and waders carrying a suitcase and a compass walked past me not fifty yards from me.

This used to be quite common I am told  around the little creeks and inlets of the medway in the 60s and 70s

Illegal immigrants from India arrived in little fishing boats from Holland in the dead of night and were picked up in vans and whisked away to East London 

That's how it was done in those days apparently. Or landed onto the flat shingle beach at Pevensey 

The thing is, they were only landing four or five at a time and they were mostly destined for the kitchens of curry restaurants

Their whole motivation was to disappear into the system not to claim anything or be visible in any way.

Decades on many of these old illegals are now living under the elevated sections of the M4 in West London. Old men with no where else to go

Living on charity from the Indian community who feeds them

Edited by Vince Green

4 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

I'm done - Seeya

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

8 hours ago, bruno22rf said:

Was he is season at the time? You cant be too careful.

8 hours ago, London Best said:

This was in the 1970’s, before they became a protected species.

7 hours ago, old'un said:

It is off topic, if you dont like then dont read/look at it.

Funny you mention Enoch Powell, as it would appear he was clairvoyant.

its no wonder people are feeling like this when they have concerns about the influx of large numbers of asylum seekers in their area, then should they mention the word asylum or refugee they get shouted down by someone like you calling them blinkered racists and bigots.

Have a look at the quotes above you @old'un

7 hours ago, Fatcatsplat said:

I'm done - Seeya

I must be going senile, I thought that "off topic" meant exactly that? Bye Fatcatsplat, dont let the door hit your *** on the way out.

What a load of idiots this forun is attracting, had the guy coming ashore been white it could still be considered racist in your tiny little worlds.