My Christmas Truce With Frederick The Fox.

simon6ppc

I too, on many occasion, have not shot foxes despite them being very easy to take. They were not doing any harm to anyone or anything. It's not all about killing them. I also hate to see a fox that's been hit by a vehicle on a road. Coming home from work on Christmas morning, I could see a fox on the opposite dual carriageway that had recently been hit by a vehicle. Such a shame to see them killed in this way.

7 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I too, on many occasion, have not shot foxes despite them being very easy to take. They were not doing any harm to anyone or anything. It's not all about killing them. I also hate to see a fox that's been hit by a vehicle on a road. Coming home from work on Christmas morning, I could see a fox on the opposite dual carriageway that had recently been hit by a vehicle. Such a shame to see them killed in this way.

Ye Steve its hard for some people to understand but i have spent my life really controlling foxes and for once this happened, in theory i should of got the terrier man to sort them but i didn't and these few foxes of the thousands i have come across got to survive, i didn't mention in the video but a month or so later a friend rang me to say a house half a mile away from the set had 3 tame foxes in her garden and would i shoot them and i turned it down, not sure if some one else did it but that was the last i herd of them. 

8 hours ago, Morkin said:

Frederick ,.       👍

Lol cheers mate, i have spent more time watching that fox then any knows Morkin.

8 hours ago, Dougy said:

But Simon ???

would you shoot Freds lady friend ??? 

Ive let the odd fox go too, no need to shoot them if they dont cause anyone any harm. 

Lol the farmer isn't bothered Dougie so i am not bothered as i do enjoy watching them.

36 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

I myself wont shoot foxes if they got cubs you used one word in that video a PROBLEM Fox when they become that then they have to go or someone else will do it and you lose your perm 

100% pal, i have said this to literally loads of other shooters over the years this was just one family i had a truce with and i did enjoy the moment no matter what any of them think about me. 

1 hour ago, Rim Fire said:

I myself wont shoot foxes if they got cubs you used one word in that video a PROBLEM Fox when they become that then they have to go or someone else will do it and you lose your perm 

29 minutes ago, simon6ppc said:

100% pal, i have said this to literally loads of other shooters over the years this was just one family i had a truce with and i did enjoy the moment no matter what any of them think about me. 

This reply is directed at Simon,,,, firstly I really enjoyed the video. On the subject of shooting foxes, I only shoot using air so only shoot suitable quarry. I love wildlife but obviously fully understand about pest control and I'm not squeamish about any aspect of it. I commented on a topic in Other Pest Control 'Should we shoot foxes', that yes, but "where necessary". One member didn't agree with that , but I couldn't be bothered to reply to such an ignoramus who, in my opinion, must just like shooting and killing things !!! I actually see this in a few other replies here and there,,,, like "if only I had my gun with me" ?! Pure bloodlust in my opinion. I've let many a rabbit kit get on with their lives, but have also shot many,,,, where and when necessary.

So well done on showing restraint and keep the great videos coming, and,,,, a happy new year to you and Jack 🙂

Great stuff Simon. I think a lot of us have done similar. When ferreting I used to put the small ones back down the burrows as well.

I think 99.99% of us have the hunter / gatherer in us, and not the lust to kill things for the sake of it.

It would be good if some antis came across that recording, because you explain things very well.

4 hours ago, 30-6 said:

Great stuff Simon. I think a lot of us have done similar. When ferreting I used to put the small ones back down the burrows as well.

I think 99.99% of us have the hunter / gatherer in us, and not the lust to kill things for the sake of it.

It would be good if some antis came across that recording, because you explain things very well.

Thanks pal, so far one Anti has approached me and guess what he told me off saying i am an hypocrite because how can i save one life yet take another knowing they have baby cubs to feed, Oh well i said to him even i had a truce but you still can't because that's the world we live in these days.

Nice to know that I am not the only 'soft' person on this website.

Came across a vixen feeding seven cubs one night several years ago....

Just watched and the dog came in as well and played with the cubs for a while.

Didn't tell the keeper about it...

Somethings are best kept private.

35 minutes ago, Grandalf said:

Nice to know that I am not the only 'soft' person on this website.

Came across a vixen feeding seven cubs one night several years ago....

Just watched and the dog came in as well and played with the cubs for a while.

Didn't tell the keeper about it...

Somethings are best kept private.

100% pal as i have done the same 😂