Happy Valley!!!

discobob

We are on tenterhooks for Sunday nights finale of this show - I think it is a breath of fresh air when compared to the likes on the other thread "Silent Witness"

What are your thoughts on the show?? Will you be watching it or avoiding it?

I think it will be the most watched programme for years but I am sincerely hoping it isn't a line of duty ending :angry:

We have also been re-watching clocking off as well - the first series is brilliant but it does tail off.

Big Happy Valley fans in this house, and have been since it first aired some years ago now. 
OH can’t stand the tension. 🙂

I read somewhere that more viewers tuned in to HV than did to the Harry and Meghan programme, interview, whatever it was, some weeks ago. I hope it’s true. 

20 minutes ago, Dave-G said:

Currently doing two Snowy Rivers a night which is getting boring but Carol likes it before going bed so I'll see it through then it'll be two episodes of the third series of Happy Valley a night - which I have been waiting to complete.

Don't know Snowy Rivers - will have to look that up 👍

6 minutes ago, discobob said:

Don't know Snowy Rivers - will have to look that up 👍

Ozzy rancher near town with different topics every week, sort of wind down bedtime viewing to get yawning with. I should have used an apostrophe to make it Snowy River's episodes. :blush: 

It just beats watching 9PM movies that have been seen several times.

Edited by Dave-G

2 hours ago, Robden said:

I've been accused of living in a cave because I'd never seen HV. Then I watched one half of an episode and was hooked. I then binge watched the series 1 and 2. 

Mind you, I did the same with Luther and Idris Elba. (my favourite was Ruth Wilson).

That’s modern viewing for me. I have to watch all the episodes in one go. I can’t stand to wait until the next week for the next episode when the series that are only released weekly and will normally wait until all episodes are released before staring to watch the first one

1 hour ago, yates said:

That’s modern viewing for me. I have to watch all the episodes in one go. I can’t stand to wait until the next week for the next episode when the series that are only released weekly and will normally wait until all episodes are released before staring to watch the first one

Hello, your need to watch from the beginning ? 🤔 that's your weekend done 😁

Brilliant series! I was never keen on watching it for some reason, but watched the first two seasons some time ago and was amazed at just how gritty, tense and grippping it was…..series 3 hasn’t disappointed and very much looking forward to the finale in our house! Been some amazing tv dramas on in recent years. 

22 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, your need to watch from the beginning ? 🤔 that's your weekend done 😁

Apart from the news the only things we watch on TV now are the good, gritty dramas. We binge watch one series over 3/4 evenings from start to finish before starting the next. We will be saving a couple of dramas for later. I waited months before watching the last series of Succession 

4 minutes ago, yates said:

Apart from the news the only things we watch on TV now are the good, gritty dramas. We binge watch one series over 3/4 evenings from start to finish before starting the next. We will be saving a couple of dramas for later. I waited months before watching the last series of Succession 

Hello, never seen that, a lot of TV dramas I've watched are via Walter presents, or the bridge , spiral, still  need to get a new smart TV , or a plug in thingy 🤔😁

1 minute ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, never seen that, a lot of TV dramas I've watched are via Walter presents, or the bridge , spiral, still  need to get a new smart TV , or a plug in thingy 🤔😁

My TV will be set to 9 tonight 👍

14 hours ago, Wilts#Dave said:

Brilliant series! I was never keen on watching it for some reason, but watched the first two seasons some time ago and was amazed at just how gritty, tense and grippping it was…..series 3 hasn’t disappointed and very much looking forward to the finale in our house! Been some amazing tv dramas on in recent years. 

Agreed, for some reason the producers of these programmes seem to prematurely end the good ones and prolong the carp?

9 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

My TV will be set to 9 tonight 👍

Hello, forgot that Vera is on to from 8 pm, 🙄, another one of my favourites but not really on par with happy valley, cannot miss that, so I watch itv 8 to 9, BBC at 9 to 10 , then itv +1 10 to 11 to catch rest of Vera, happy viewing everyone 👍

1 hour ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, forgot that Vera is on to from 8 pm, 🙄, another one of my favourites but not really on par with happy valley, cannot miss that, so I watch itv 8 to 9, BBC at 9 to 10 , then itv +1 10 to 11 to catch rest of Vera, happy viewing everyone 👍

love vera as well think this is also the last season