A sleek/narrow Over/Under?

Shadowchaser

I'm on the look out for a new sporting o/u.  What I would like is something that feels sleek and narrow. 

A lot of o/u's appear or feel bulky to me.  Beretta's generally have a narrower feel than say Browning's. Is there anything else out there? 

I appreciate it's not much to go on and I'll have to spend some time in a shop looking at and handling different guns to really know what I want. 

However if anyone can suggest a make/model to look at, that would be great.  

20 minutes ago, Shadowchaser said:

I'm on the look out for a new sporting o/u.  What I would like is something that feels sleek and narrow. 

A lot of o/u's appear or feel bulky to me.  Beretta's generally have a narrower feel than say Browning's. Is there anything else out there? 

I appreciate it's not much to go on and I'll have to spend some time in a shop looking at and handling different guns to really know what I want. 

I bought a 687 EELL which qualified as a canon. I bought a Chapuis which meets your description and is 3" and steel proof.

10 minutes ago, B391 said:

very different feel, the standard sporter is neutral balance and feels very smooth and easy to shoot. weighs a little under 8 pounds. for me it just flows 

I'll have look next time I'm in my local shop. I know they have some B725's in.  

9 minutes ago, wymberley said:

I bought a 687 EELL which qualified as a canon. I bought a Chapuis which meets your description and is 3" and steel proof.

Interesting.  I was considering a EELL (without handling one yet).  I remember when I showed my XS Pro to some non shooting friends. The first thing they commented on was how large/bulky it seemed compared to other shotguns they'd seen me use over the years. 

Edited by Shadowchaser

33 minutes ago, Shadowchaser said:

Try a 20 gauge maybe.

3 minutes ago, Shadowchaser said:

I'll have look next time I'm in my local shop. I know they have some B725's in.  

Interesting.  I was considering a EELL (without handling one yet).  I remember when I showed my XS Pro to some non shooting friends. The first thing they commented on was how large/bulky it seemed compared to other shotguns they'd seen me use over the years. 

My 725 weighs more than the 12 bore Chapuis and is just another canon in 20 bore flavour

1 hour ago, Scully said:

Have never owned one of the newer Zolis  but have shot a few, and personally I rate them better than Beretta. 

They are a very underated shotgun and extremley well engineered with good balance compared to some other brands, who supply weights as their guns are not that well balanced, especially those which have very hollowed out stocks and I don't know why their stocks are so hollow 🤔

Edited by BlaserF3