Drawing peg numbers

B725

This season just gone on our new little syndicate we just put the gun's wherever but this next season we have decided to draw the numbers to make it fairer, I looked at buying a set of numbers but then decided to make my own just using some bits of scrap hard wood. I gave it an oil finnish rather than varnish. 

20230226_121908_copy_1734x2312.jpg

Peg numbers make me larf...........picture this ..

7 well known captains of industry......pick peg numbers....then with all the faff they are told to move 2 up every drive...'cept for odd numbers that move 1 up wednesday to friday and then take away 3 and thats you postion for that drive :lol:

but seriously...........when the second drive comes ...you have these rich clever shooters that are wandering about like lost souls just realeased from a concentration camp...wailing that they have fogotton their number ...asking where they should stand.......

how the bloody hell they got to be in their position as CEO of some national company is totally beyond me..........:big_boss:

1 minute ago, ditchman said:

Peg numbers make me larf...........picture this ..

7 well known captains of industry......pick peg numbers....then with all the faff they are told to move 2 up every drive...'cept for odd numbers that move 1 up wednesday to friday and then take away 3 and thats you postion for that drive :lol:

but seriously...........when the second drive comes ...you have these rich clever shooters that are wandering about like lost souls just realeased from a concentration camp...wailing that they have fogotton their number ...asking where they should stand.......

how the bloody hell they got to be in their position as CEO of some national company is totally beyond me..........:big_boss:

I resolved that problem when I ran a shoot. The draw comprised the coloured button badges you had at primary school with peg numbers on. After the draw they were issued to the guns and told to wear them. Lost or unworn badge  =£fine 😂😂

31 minutes ago, Dave at kelton said:

I resolved that problem when I ran a shoot. The draw comprised the coloured button badges you had at primary school with peg numbers on. After the draw they were issued to the guns and told to wear them. Lost or unworn badge  =£fine 😂😂

HHHhhahhahhahahhaaaaa...........how embarrasing...........i have seen shoot owners go around with a biro...writing the order of the peg numbers /stands on the clients forearms.........

being made to wear a coloured button badge like what you give out at a childrens party is classic.......:lol:

2 hours ago, Peter Harris said:

Has anyone devised a numbering system where you can change pegs and be next to a different neighbor on each drive??????

Nothing more infuriating that being next to an unsafe shot or a greedy ****** all day.

HELP

see my post....:good:

On 27/02/2023 at 12:46, Peter Harris said:

Has anyone devised a numbering system where you can change pegs and be next to a different neighbor on each drive??????

Nothing more infuriating that being next to an unsafe shot or a greedy ****** all day.

HELP

If its an unsafe shot surly you mentioned this to the shoot captain. 

For greedy shots well, last one we had I he won't be back on the shoot. Same would go for unsafe shots. 

(I did give him some sarcastic comment) 

All you are doing is moving the problem onto someone else. 

On 28/02/2023 at 12:45, Peter Harris said:

Ditchman ,

I have read your post but it doesn't explain an alternative numbering system ?

I would like a system where yo can move up OR down to be with someone different either side of you ! 

If that is possible?

you are wandering into dangerous teritory........nothing is perfect in this world.....game shooting (pheasant)...brings the best and worst out in all of us.....i have stood on a peg and shot 11 very good birds straight off....i have then put my gun into my slip and trotted over to the gun on the left or right of me ..who was not getting any shooting and ordered him to scuttle over and take my peg for the last few mins...so he can get some shooting for that drive.......

when one does that you get a friend for life and a smashing day with lots of smiles and laughter............also shoot owners remember that ..and if you find you have a spare day to fill and phone the owner at short nortice...he will "sneak " you in to the line or as a back gun....and you will also get asked to shoot at the gun dog trails  (another great free day)..:good:

John Humphreys the Shooting Times contributor did devise a system that involved odd numberings that enabled you to have different neighbors on each peg , but I cannot find it or remember it .Imagine paying a high price for a nice day out on a posh shoot , only to have your neighbor shooting good birds heading towards you??????