Altberg boots ?

islandgun

22 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Thanks for the heads up London best.

Only an hour away so plan booking a fitting before next season- starting with some foot pain as have size 12.5 wide feet suspect years of cramming them into ill fitting footwear is catching up with me !

Agriv8

I did exactly that and haven’t regretted it. Bought their Gamekeeper boot in wide fitting they also did an extra wide, comfiest boots I’ve had and if you look after them will last for years.

10 hours ago, Bigbob said:

I asked the police at work what they all wore it was all magnum boots 

I used to buy those Magnums for running or river crossing training, better than trainers and for the price, disposable. 

I keep a similar make desert boot for hot summer days but as @TIGHTCHOKE previously stated, absolutely no ankle support so marginally better than a cheap trainer.

23 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

Island gun it’s a manky old bent over toe plus pain across the ball of the foot of the bigger of my feet - I have one pair of Clark’s wide boots that are comfortable !

I beat in some griss sport keeper boots which I can walk miles in but as soon as I stop my toe cramps up !

keep us updated on how you get on please !

thanks Agriv8 

Edit to add nidderdale AONB and Yorkshire dales nation parks well wort a wander arround 

Bit of an update, will be going over to Inverness in the next week, to try on a few pairs/sizes of Altbergs in a the stockist's there,  will let you know how I get on.

I wear Haix cold/wet weather size 11W (usually a 10), fit well, comfortable, no blistering or rubbing daily wear. For rough work etc. I wear Altberg defenders, never give issues, get at least 2 years of wear out of them plenty of hard use. I load all leather boots etc. with Gold label hide tack for waterproofing and keeps them supple. defenders on Ebay are cheap enough.

On 25/03/2023 at 18:22, Agriv8 said:

The bottom one I have they are good for all day beating and superb support and comfort- but towards the end of this season after a long day a couple of time in the pub after my toe has cramped up. I know I have wide big feat I think it’s time to start looking after them the altbergs factory is an hour away will take my griss sport keeper boots - but for well made British boots they are not daft money - and I’d be prepared to pay for a bit of comfort!

Agriv8

Fair point sir, might have a trip one day after the premium bonds come up with more than £25

On 25/03/2023 at 18:22, Agriv8 said:

The bottom one I have they are good for all day beating and superb support and comfort- but towards the end of this season after a long day a couple of time in the pub after my toe has cramped up. I know I have wide big feat I think it’s time to start looking after them the altbergs factory is an hour away will take my griss sport keeper boots - but for well made British boots they are not daft money - and I’d be prepared to pay for a bit of comfort!

Agriv8

I was thinking I used to suffer from cramps from time to time so on a big day shoot + pub I take a magnesium tablet in the morning, dunno if its a placebo effect but it to works

13 minutes ago, mgsontour said:

I was thinking I used to suffer from cramps from time to time so on a big day shoot + pub I take a magnesium tablet in the morning, dunno if its a placebo effect but it to works

I also have suffered from cramps when on my feet for 12 hour shifts on concrete, increasing hydration and decreasing caffeine worked for me (sorry to have partially hijacked thread)

On 25/03/2023 at 12:39, Agriv8 said:

Island gun it’s a manky old bent over toe plus pain across the ball of the foot of the bigger of my feet - I have one pair of Clark’s wide boots that are comfortable !

I beat in some griss sport keeper boots which I can walk miles in but as soon as I stop my toe cramps up !

keep us updated on how you get on please !

thanks Agriv8 

Edit to add nidderdale AONB and Yorkshire dales nation parks well wort a wander arround 

Up date. went to look at some Altberg boots in Inverness, [tiso don't stock them btw] the widest were the kisdon but they didn't have my size, tried the extra wide tethera but still a bit nippy, just purchased a barely worn pair of kisdon on Ebay for less than 1/2 price so heres hoping👍

51 minutes ago, islandgun said:

Up date. went to look at some Altberg boots in Inverness, [tiso don't stock them btw] the widest were the kisdon but they didn't have my size, tried the extra wide tethera but still a bit nippy, just purchased a barely worn pair of kisdon on Ebay for less than 1/2 price so heres hoping👍

My recommendation of visiting the factory/shop in Richmond was so that you would definitely come away with a pair which fitted. Secondhand from eBay are maybe not so likely to cut the mustard.

2 minutes ago, London Best said:

My recommendation of visiting the factory/shop in Richmond was so that you would definitely come away with a pair which fitted. Secondhand from eBay are maybe not so likely to cut the mustard.

A visit to the factory would have involved 3 nights away, a round trip of 800 miles and put a cost of £500 on the price of the boots, plus the kisdon boots that i preffered only come in one width fitting, so it is worth the punt to buy the un-noticeably worn boots for £120, but hey I can see why you might be offended that I didn't do as you said,  note their hand made factory boots start at £1500 and have a waiting time of a year..go figure

32 minutes ago, London Best said:

Highly unlikely,usually a 2-4 month wait after ordering.

Second hand boots are probably the worst thing you can ever buy. Broken in to someone else's feet, they'll never be a proper fit. They can cause all sorts of problems from fungal infections right through to back problems and posture.

Even HM Forces that issue almost everything second hand, shirts trousers etc never re issue boots or footwear. That's why there's so many ex army etc boots in shops. Unsuitable for use.