Someone's In Trouble

RyanMc

3 hours ago, Fellside said:

That’s the good old Beeb for you! They are essentially a group of activist journo’s now. Any old fashioned notion of impartiality and balance went out of the window several years ago. 

Always have been in my lifetime at least.  Always a negative, never the pro's of shooting sports or pest control. 

55 minutes ago, enfieldspares said:

Or maybe they feared the Somerset Gimp? That he'd been bailed and relocated to Ireland? The reality is this is a failure to know who else is on your ground and failure to ensure a safe backstop. Negligence pure and simple by the shooter or shooters. 

I like the Humour :lol: , the chances are the gimps divers had no authority to be there though.

2 minutes ago, sportsbob said:

I like the Humour :lol: , the chances are the gimps divers had no authority to be there though.

More than likely, otherwise it would be a daytime authorised job. Still poor ID and shot evaluation from the shooters.

As said above .it just reinforces that it's always prudent to tell the land owner that your on the land .

If the divers were supposed to be there and had also asked the landowner .then there would have been a ." No shooting tonight boys we have others on the land this evening ."  Conversation  

On 13/06/2023 at 19:44, Fellside said:

That’s the good old Beeb for you! They are essentially a group of activist journo’s now. Any old fashioned notion of impartiality and balance went out of the window several years ago. 

You think a shooting should not be reported?

1 hour ago, Ultrastu said:

As said above .it just reinforces that it's always prudent to tell the land owner that your on the land .

If the divers were supposed to be there and had also asked the landowner .then there would have been a ." No shooting tonight boys we have others on the land this evening ."  Conversation  

Whilst in general I would agree if your covering a lot of land advising the land owner is often impractical. Either way no excuse for letting loose without clearing the shot. It's inevitable that there will be walkers, campers, rough sleepers, anti's out on land at some point and the firearm user needs to be ultra clear in target acquisition.  It's not the victims fault, 

15 hours ago, oowee said:

A non-fatal shooting occurring outside of the U.K.? Why are the British Broadcasting Cororation concerning themselves with this if it’s not agenda-driven? Do they also report every drunken brawl and dog attack that occurs in Ireland?

15 hours ago, oowee said:

Whilst in general I would agree if your covering a lot of land advising the land owner is often impractical. Either way no excuse for letting loose without clearing the shot. It's inevitable that there will be walkers, campers, rough sleepers, anti's out on land at some point and the firearm user needs to be ultra clear in target acquisition.  It's not the victims fault, 

Mine was a wider comment about the BBC’s loss of reporting impartiality over the last few years. They have frequently been extremely bias in many areas of their reporting - as various journalists and presenters are more or less given free reign. It’s not a question of ‘what’ is reported but ‘how’. 

On 17/06/2023 at 11:32, Genghis said:

A non-fatal shooting occurring outside of the U.K.? Why are the British Broadcasting Cororation concerning themselves with this if it’s not agenda-driven? Do they also report every drunken brawl and dog attack that occurs in Ireland?

Ireland is still part of the British Isles?
Do they report every drunken brawl and dog attack that occurs in England?

I think the BBC do more than just the UK also for balance. I believe the British in BBC is more towards where the corporation is from, rather than its reporting area.

4 hours ago, HantsRob said:

Ireland is still part of the British Isles?
Do they report every drunken brawl and dog attack that occurs in England?

I think the BBC do more than just the UK also for balance. I believe the British in BBC is more towards where the corporation is from, rather than its reporting area.

They don’t report every dog attack or drunken brawl in England either, that’s my point. They’ve jumped on a chance to post a negative story about shooting.

They do post international news also, but usually only the big stories. This certainly is not.

2 hours ago, Genghis said:

They don’t report every dog attack or drunken brawl in England either, that’s my point. They’ve jumped on a chance to post a negative story about shooting.

They do post international news also, but usually only the big stories. This certainly is not.

Very negative reporting on golf as well ,I think I might make a complaint.