The narrative is changing - Electric Cars

discobob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, London Best said:

@Cosmicblue: When I have summoned the driverless vehicle to take me to my destination, will it be able to take my caravan as well, and stay with me overnight to ferry me back and forth to various woods to collect two or three deer (4wd a must) before bringing the caravan home? 
Useless idea!

Don't worry about any of that, your way of life will be totally inconsequential for the 'greater good'

13 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

Don't worry about any of that, your way of life will be totally inconsequential for the 'greater good'

Those of an certain age will be gone by the time this all really kicks in; those that are young are already indoctrinated, so it won't bother them, many will lap it up. It's those that are middle aged and have another 20 - 30 years to go, before shaking off the mortal coil, are the ones that will really be hit, having known past freedoms.

2 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

This

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

middle aged and have another 20 - 30 years to go

Thats me - however I hope I don't live long. I give it 4 years though and you think it is moving fast now - it will be nothing compared to what is happening then

20 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

The thing is, it's just yet another issue that will worsen the quality of the average person. The world doesn't work for the working masses and if things carry on the way they're going, at some point it'll all end up like other great civilizations in history, where the elites of society take too much from the bottom and insurrection and societal collapse follows.

Sadly, true. History proves it?

Shame that 10 people are allowed to decimate the rest, all based on a  desire to make more money to add to their billions?

The deranged are fully in charge by pushing the agenda via the back door using lobbyists?

3 hours ago, 12gauge82 said:

Confined to camps that have an active cleansing regime maybe?

22 hours ago, yates said:

Don't understand why people don't chose to work close to home 

Not every one has the opportunity,  there are only so many kitchens and bathrooms to fit at any one time in any given area. What do I do while I'm waiting for the next job to come along, or are you willing to pay a premium to cover the non productive times. 🤷🏻‍♂️

On 18/06/2023 at 18:35, GingerCat said:

I've also thought hydrogen is the answer. Toyota honda and others are going that way.

If honda made a toothbrush I'd buy it. 

I did    !!    🤣

7 minutes ago, GingerCat said:

They make a toothbrush?

My Grandaughter found it in a shop in Texas somewhere  !

1 hour ago, Shadowchaser said:

I haven't watched season 2 or 3 yet - being disappointed with season 1. 

Based on what's been said here and other forums I'll have to give them a watch. 

There are somethings that may go over your head is you skip season 2 but not many. Although if you do watch season 2 there are things in 3 that will have you scratching your head. I think I would go for the former 😀

I just know that each week I shut the living room door with a Do Not Disturb order having been issued, a big smile on my face at the opening music. I laughed, I had the occasional wet eye and more. It was what TNG deserved. 

And there you go - PigeonWatch drift has hit 😂😂

In Harrow they are redeveloping the old Kodak Factory Site. On one part they have already built over a thousand flats with no parking. That the official policy now.

No parking they stupidly believe will mean no cars. Its social engineering. They don't give people the option 

Plan shows "future energy centre"   -  what are the odds it is a waste incinerator, bur no one would buy if this were publicised. :whistling::lol:

When I first moved to Manchester in the early 70's I worked on a similar scheme in Moss Side.   Total failure now demolished.

Edited by Yellow Bear

"proposed school" - or rather indoctrination center - if it ever happens......

And the Irony - proposed future development - looks like they are knocking down the Halfords that is already there

I also wonder if there is going to be a shop to buy bread in the development - somewhere for people to queue up at in the glorious future that is beconning

On second thoughts there does look to be some parking infrastructure - but you can bet these are the most expensive apartments - or the first phase - car club scheme for the plebs (and starting at @£500k!!!) - strange how all the blurb goes on about investment opportunities as well

image.png.d37359879d85533cd0b0838812f8ea15.png

image.png.a44256ab452b0ed817543d2423f7baa3.png

1 hour ago, discobob said:

On second thoughts there does look to be some parking infrastructure - but you can bet these are the most expensive apartments - or the first phase - car club scheme for the plebs (and starting at @£500k!!!) - strange how all the blurb goes on about investment opportunities as well

image.png.d37359879d85533cd0b0838812f8ea15.png

image.png.a44256ab452b0ed817543d2423f7baa3.png

That part of the development is still being built. The part that has been finished seems to be mostly social housing.

In that part of London the rent would be about £2000 a month on one of those flats.  Anybody who could afford that wouldn't choose to live there

When they talk about "investment " they are saying in a roundabout way that the council will rent the flat off you because they are desperate for housing stock.

Also don't get carried away believing all that landscaping is ever going to happen. That's just what they put on the sales brochure.

Edited by Vince Green

6 minutes ago, Daz45 said:

So when we all or many have an electric vehicle, what will happen when the the millions of drivers get home
from work and want a quick brew, kettle has no power because the millions of electric cars are on charge.

Imagine if there was some sort of large battery, just parked on your drive, ready to dispense 3kW for a couple of minutes...

Also this peak grid kettle demand thing (The ad breaks in the Morecombe and Wise show, etc) long ago ceased being a matter of concern for National Grid...

1 hour ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Imagine if there was some sort of large battery, just parked on your drive, ready to dispense 3kW for a couple of minutes...

Trouble is - that isn't the reality - very little EV's have that functionality (Leaf comes to mind but only with certain equipment which is expensive and only if you are accepted onto a trial) - a few more have V2L which means you can plug something into the vehicle - like the kettle - but it would have to be one of the low powered ones I suspect....