Neighbour Dispute Thread ?

marsh man

1 hour ago, nobbyathome said:

I hope he just chills out sands it back down to how he wants and forgets about it.  Although I don’t think he will to hot headed for his own good 

That's what I was going to suggest,,,, sanding down the offending areas and just smile and [friendly] wave at the neighbours if they show their faces 🤚👋🙂 Act authoritative like 👍 😐

Just didn't want to get involved 😆

Edited by JKD

I put up a 6 foot fence right round my garden cost a good few bob and i painted my side antique pine to go with the shed ferret huts and kennels both neighbours painted the others sides nearly black am i bother nope i just hope they paint it every year or two and it will see me out 

It's not a question of living in fear. The tone of his posts sounded threatening to me. He said he wouldn't let it go and I genuinely thought his licence would be gone.

There seemed to be a couple of remedies which would have resolved it, with minimal fuss, but he seemed intent on making a point.

I sympathise with him over what his neighbours did, but he seemed to lack a sense of proportion and it was never going to end happily for him.

7 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

It's not a question of living in fear. The tone of his posts sounded threatening to me. He said he wouldn't let it go and I genuinely thought his licence would be gone.

There seemed to be a couple of remedies which would have resolved it, with minimal fuss, but he seemed intent on making a point.

I sympathise with him over what his neighbours did, but he seemed to lack a sense of proportion and it was never going to end happily for him.

I agree , it sounds like he might do close protection in Iraq, an extremely high stress environment.
Sometimes you need an outlet for that stress, in this case it was the affront that his neighbour had painted his fence ?

Hopefully hes had a think about it now , and doesnt go over the top when he gets back.

34 minutes ago, Gordon R said:

I felt the same Gordon . Far  to much anger in him . asking the forum for answers and not getting the one he wanted so totally disregarded any common sense answers that he was told by people that have probably encountered the same thing .  I really understand his anger and frustration of a neighbour painting his fence without permission  maybe when I was  30/40 years old I would feel the same but now I am older and wiser and have much more in life to worry about  I hope he just doesn’t over react when he gets home for his shooting pleasure sake 

16 minutes ago, nobbyathome said:

really understand his anger and frustration of a neighbour painting his fence without permission  maybe when I was  30/40 years old I would feel the same

I didn't see the original thread, but years ago we planned on moving so putting our house on the market, only issue would be that the neighbours garden was a mess, now I knew it was because the fella was living alone, renovating his house and just hadn't got around to doing the garden.

He got quite a shock when he came home and I knocked on, I'd completely weeded the garden and painted the shared fence, he was chuffed to bits but just hadn't had the time.

That weekend him and his girlfriend were outside planting some flowers and enjoying a drink sat in the sun 😁😁

2 hours ago, Bigbob said:

I put up a 6 foot fence right round my garden cost a good few bob and i painted my side antique pine to go with the shed ferret huts and kennels both neighbours painted the others sides nearly black am i bother nope i just hope they paint it every year or two and it will see me out 

When I first moved into my place the inside of the bungalow had priority and luckily enough I could do most of the work myself , although I did get a plumber in to fit a new gas boiler and carpet fitters to fit the lounge carpet , when most of that work was done I made a start on the back garden , the garden had panels around three sides and if any need replaceing then I always seemed the owner , so in the end to keep the peace I replaced any that needed sorting out , I stained all my side and when I was doing it my next door neighbour ( who have now moved ) asked me if I was going to do her side as she classed it as my fence , I told her if it was my fence then I would give full permission to paint / stain it or to do whatever she wanted to except take it down as I knew what problems I would have trying to get round all her plants and buses , until we got new neighbours it stayed as it was and then the ones who are there now done it the same colour as mine and we now all live in harmony , whatever colour they painted the rest of the inside panels wouldn't bother me one bit as the only side I can see is mine , both sides to me are perfect neighbours and I hope I am the same to them .

2 hours ago, NoBodyImportant said:

The content of the trash can depends on the level of dispute with the neighbor. 😂 

Got me thinking whos door opens inwards LOL 

1 hour ago, marsh man said:

When I first moved into my place the inside of the bungalow had priority and luckily enough I could do most of the work myself , although I did get a plumber in to fit a new gas boiler and carpet fitters to fit the lounge carpet , when most of that work was done I made a start on the back garden , the garden had panels around three sides and if any need replaceing then I always seemed the owner , so in the end to keep the peace I replaced any that needed sorting out , I stained all my side and when I was doing it my next door neighbour ( who have now moved ) asked me if I was going to do her side as she classed it as my fence , I told her if it was my fence then I would give full permission to paint / stain it or to do whatever she wanted to except take it down as I knew what problems I would have trying to get round all her plants and buses , until we got new neighbours it stayed as it was and then the ones who are there now done it the same colour as mine and we now all live in harmony , whatever colour they painted the rest of the inside panels wouldn't bother me one bit as the only side I can see is mine , both sides to me are perfect neighbours and I hope I am the same to them .

I wont bother them and they wont bother me it takes about 25 gallon of preservative to do my garden threw my sprayer and probably a lotto win to buy it just now