Sinead O'connor Dead

welsh1

34 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Supported the IRA ,became Muslim and hated white people. 

Good riddance. 

She was Bipolar and raised in a care home, many Irish supported the IRA. Yes she was nuts but good riddance not for me, she lost her 17 year old son to suicide.  As a father I cannot think of anything more devastating.  RIP.

16 hours ago, Scully said:

Great shame. A stunningly beautiful girl in her day, haunted by a menagerie of mental health issues. 

This!  

Another Dublin talent gone who has left us some memorable songs. The music world lost Aslan lead singer Christy Dignam a few weeks back also.  I liked both Christy and Sinéad. Both had their own struggles and may they now R.I.P.

Here she is doing a rendition of one of my favourite songs. Wrote of course by Patrick Kavanagh and made famous by Luke Kelly. It was actually about Kavanaghs love afair with a younger woman, whom I believe was the singer (Dido's) grandmother.

Edited by SuperGoose75

Very intelligent fearless and funny protest singer! Ahead of her time! Anti war! Publicly challenging the catholic church on hiding child abuse on national TV in US (tore up picture of the pope)  over 30 years ago! First to turn down a Grammy as protest about controlling/abuse/censorship in the industry. They tried to destroy her for it! Her book and film a good read/watch.  Thank you Sinead! We heard You!      NB