What happens when we all go electric

pigeon controller

5 minutes ago, Scully said:

Indeed. It’s never really been about air quality either; Londons air quality levels of pollution have always exceeded stipulated EU ( even when we were a member ) maximum pollution levels. 
I’m not claiming that makes it acceptable, but for Kahn to claim he is pursuing this on the grounds of health issues is sheer ********! 

Yep, whilst telling everyone to use public transport.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Penelope said:

It's never been about the planet or climate; they are just good excuses to hang the control measures on.

All of the news programs have been spouting the Met Office's latest crystal ball gazings.

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/about-us/press-office/news/weather-and-climate/2020/chances-of-40c-days-in-the-uk-increasing-due-to-human-influence

Crystal ball exactly, it's just more hype for the sheep that cant think for themselves. 

The planet was warmer than it is now hundreds of years ago before we burnt fossil fuels. We are coming out of an Ice age where temps naturally warm..ice melting releases carbon from the permafrost. 

The media love a good story never mind the truth and all these stop oil protesters are completely deluded. Its turned into a cult .

55 minutes ago, Penelope said:

Yep, whilst telling everyone to use public transport.

😀 Interesting stuff indeed. 
For the sake of balance, I’d just like to mention that the mate with the Tesla hasn’t bought it because he wants to do his bit for the planet, but rather because he’s a tech geek! 
They live in a self designed house which despite having PV’s, has oil fired central heating and so much glass that during the recent hot spell his wife told OH that at 0830 one morning it was already over 28 degrees inside! I believe it eventually got to 42. 
They are currently in Greece, one of the five times they have already travelled abroad so far this year, not including a lone trip by mate to Turkey for a hair transplant! Like he says, ‘we’re only here the once’! 🙂

46 minutes ago, FOXHUNTER1 said:

Crystal ball exactly, it's just more hype for the sheep that cant think for themselves. 

The planet was warmer than it is now hundreds of years ago before we burnt fossil fuels. We are coming out of an Ice age where temps naturally warm..ice melting releases carbon from the permafrost. 

The media love a good story never mind the truth and all these stop oil protesters are completely deluded. Its turned into a cult .

I know. The Greenland ice cores show this. Have a watch of Joe Rogan's podcast #606 on YouTube with Randall Carlson.

3 hours ago, discobob said:

believe it or not, they have camera's that can detect the number of people within vehicles... ask yourself why!!!

Edit: Perhaps this is why it seems like PLOD is cracking down on window tinting from the amount of "aren't we doing great" posts by police forces on FB

Funny how we pick and choose what crime/offences we want plod to take action on. Irrespective of the saftey implications. Disqualified drivers regularly drive cars with heavily tinted windows to avoid detection. Plus those commiting crime.

44 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Funny how we pick and choose what crime/offences we want plod to take action on. Irrespective of the saftey implications. Disqualified drivers regularly drive cars with heavily tinted windows to avoid detection. Plus those commiting crime.

what - like spelling 🤣  sorry, I couldn't resist it!!!

I was just adding 2+2 to make perhaps 4. I have just noticed a lot of forces posting up how they have yada yada yada and a lot of them are tinted windows - and I am on about the rear more often than not...

But that is a extremely generalised statement you have made there - what is it - an uninsured driver was arrested and his car had tinted windows - therefore all cars with tinted windows must be being driven by somebody who is uninsured.....????

53 minutes ago, Rem260 said:

Eh? 🤔

1 hour ago, discobob said:

1) what - like spelling 🤣  sorry, I couldn't resist it!!!

2 I was just adding 2+2 to make perhaps 4. I have just noticed a lot of forces posting up how they have yada yada yada and a lot of them are tinted windows - and I am on about the rear more often than not...

3But that is a extremely generalised statement you have made there - what is it - an uninsured driver was arrested and his car had tinted windows - therefore all cars with tinted windows must be being driven by somebody who is uninsured.....????

1 Not sure what your getting at.

2 Can you name these lots of forces who are cracking down on rear window tints. Especially when they are not covered under the regulations.

3 I never generalised I gave you specific examples. Your example is like saying we shouldn't carry out targeted drink drive checks at Xmas because not all drivers drink. I clearly stated those doing so in order to avoid being recognised.

Last October, my employer got me with a new van as i'd clocked up 230,000 miles in my old Transit. A Ford Transit hybrid which has a 900cc turbo petrol engine which powers a generator and that turns the wheels and thus charges the batteries-the combustion engine itself never directly powers the wheels. Couple of months after getting it they told me i was returning a big improvement compared to everyone else in UK with regards to fuel economy.

This is because i worked out when to use the petrol engine and when to switch to electric (i can choose). Maybe i care too much?

Today, they told me head orifice are getting me another new van-a Toyota Proace but this will be pure electric. Not sure how i feel driving a pure electric. Atleast with a hybrid if i run out of power i still have a petrol engine but the decision has been made at an upper level and im not part of that conversation.

My current Transit is wonderful to drive when running on electric but you do need to be mindful when passing horses due to the high pitch whine from the motor. Dont sound too bad until you realise Newmarket is one of the places i work!

I love tinkering around with my cars, I have an old series Land Rover , and a 997, my every day car is a Discovery 4, playing about with an Electric car is never going to end well for people like me, then again I accept that it’s people like me and what I drive that the Government want gone. I still say we should have a choice and not be banned or taxed off the road.

So we are going to end up driving battery cars . But gov have now got a think tank saying that the impact on gov income due to fuel being duty heavily reduced!

It about time we took a stand ! The uk emissions on a global scale amount fo SFA - china and Russia alone co2 year on year increase means the uk is piddling in the wind with its efforts . But yet we sit here and be over taxed driven by eco.mob! 

drunk alcohol fuelled rant over

Agriv8

When the BBC in particular relentlessly pump out the line that the population ought to be going electric for our cars or utilising public transport more it is no wonder many of the masses are convinced that they are doing the right thing by investing in electric vehicles and in doing so contributing to the net zero aims set by those who tell the same masses that they know best.

One example, broadcast earlier today...

2039646016_Screenshot2023-07-28at22_28_42.png.8974bd645d0ac0c22e7d74b2c3dcb1bd.png

On 28/07/2023 at 11:43, discobob said:

ULEZ - coming to everywhere near you - sooner than you think

The Hydrogen Village at Port Sunlight hasn't gone well - and I heard a snippet last week that the government is dropping Hydrogen in part because of the botched rollout

It's easy to  arrange for a botch to suit a narrative? 

18 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Last October, my employer got me with a new van as i'd clocked up 230,000 miles in my old Transit. A Ford Transit hybrid which has a 900cc turbo petrol engine which powers a generator and that turns the wheels and thus charges the batteries-the combustion engine itself never directly powers the wheels. Couple of months after getting it they told me i was returning a big improvement compared to everyone else in UK with regards to fuel economy.

This is because i worked out when to use the petrol engine and when to switch to electric (i can choose). Maybe i care too much?

Today, they told me head orifice are getting me another new van-a Toyota Proace but this will be pure electric. Not sure how i feel driving a pure electric. Atleast with a hybrid if i run out of power i still have a petrol engine but the decision has been made at an upper level and im not part of that conversation.

My current Transit is wonderful to drive when running on electric but you do need to be mindful when passing horses due to the high pitch whine from the motor. Dont sound too bad until you realise Newmarket is one of the places i work!

What’s the real life range please on the ford hybrid ?

I have my eye on one to replace my 2.2 custom DCIv/ crew cab - which I have owned for 5 years and has been a joy to own and drive! 

Whilst you see videos of Kuwait burning 42 million tyres in the desert and China polluting heavily I don’t side one bit with the climate change BS. It’s all done to take more money from us . Anyone with a brain who looks at it logically can see it’s as polluting as driving diesel cars for decades in how the batteries are made. 

3 hours ago, Agriv8 said:

What’s the real life range please on the ford hybrid ?

I have my eye on one to replace my 2.2 custom DCIv/ crew cab - which I have owned for 5 years and has been a joy to own and drive! 

Are you sitting down?

The one i have right now is the plug-in petrol hybrid. When i switch to electric my range is 17 miles and when you're using the petrol engine its 200. However, things like heating, lights, aircon, heated seats are all eating into the battery and your range is reduced. This model is really only suitable for town/city driving due to it struggling on motorways & dual carriageways. The little 900cc engine feels like its tearing itself to pieces at 70mph. The power steering is incredibly light round town but utterly dangerous on motorways because you dont feel resistance and very easy to over steer.

On the positive side, its congestion charge free, really really pleasant to drive, automatic, has a rear view mirror (which is actually an lcd screen) which feeds from a camera on rear door. Its eerily quiet when on electric and you can creep up on pedestrians without being noticed!

im waiting to see what 500hp electric tractors look like with 6 furrow reversible ploughs on the back of them....and 700hp electric combines......and the size of the power cables powering a sugarbeet factory.........

when we stop wrapping silage bales in plastic we will have to go back to the old way of covering silage heaps in lime............no thats really sensible excavating carbon in nearly its purest form

4 hours ago, Imperfection said:

Are you sitting down?

The one i have right now is the plug-in petrol hybrid. When i switch to electric my range is 17 miles and when you're using the petrol engine its 200. However, things like heating, lights, aircon, heated seats are all eating into the battery and your range is reduced. This model is really only suitable for town/city driving due to it struggling on motorways & dual carriageways. The little 900cc engine feels like its tearing itself to pieces at 70mph. The power steering is incredibly light round town but utterly dangerous on motorways because you dont feel resistance and very easy to over steer.

On the positive side, its congestion charge free, really really pleasant to drive, automatic, has a rear view mirror (which is actually an lcd screen) which feeds from a camera on rear door. Its eerily quiet when on electric and you can creep up on pedestrians without being noticed!

Thanks Its what I’d heard from elsewhere. Not viable for the yearly holiday run to France something the current transit custom makes very stress free - she might even be transporting some 16 gauge shells back this time with our wine import!

Agriv8

7 hours ago, Scully said:

I’m not sure how accurate this is, but it popped up in my Twitter feed sometime before I was banned.

image.jpeg.00003860769d4e400af37ed410931373.jpeg

Careful - you might have BBC Verify along to fact check your post - I have seen it on FB and it has been FC’d on there!!

So it must be “An Inconvenient Truth” 😂