Oh dear am I doing the right thing

hodge911

Well it's a few year since my spring x g.w.p jess passed and for the last few months I've been mulling over on getting another dog .

So today my nephew sent me a pic of 2 cocker pups his bitch has had . She's  a lovely little thing and works her heart out for him ...

Then he asked if I want 1 . They are legally  docked and dew clawed with cert . Now that has probably given me the push I needed .

Their chubby little beggars but as there was only the 2 in the litter the bitch is feeding them plenty.also sent me a pic of the parents 

IMG-20230729-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20230803-WA0002.jpg

they look fat as mud.............you only get out what you are prepared to put in......where i used to buy my spanners they used to grind up egg shells from the oven to put in the pups feed....when they grew up they were well propped up ....

Right peeps ... I'm  struggling a wee bit ...

With naming the new one ...

So if you'd  like to suggest a name please do . But sensible ones please as you all know I'll  be shouting it out in the open .🤣 forgot say it's  a bitch pup.

Edited by hodge911

well I got my very last dog 6 years ago when I was 65 . Getting my next last dog in 2 weeks time .

Always had springers 9 up to date  but this one is a cocker hope I can make a good job of her .

She will be working with Dotty my youngest spaniel so her name can't start with D cos I think dogs only hear the first letter of the name when in working mode. 

So my wife  has named her Jess = J .

Hope you have a good times with your little dog.

A.T.B. Dave.

4 hours ago, scutt said:

well I got my very last dog 6 years ago when I was 65 . Getting my next last dog in 2 weeks time .

Always had springers 9 up to date  but this one is a cocker hope I can make a good job of her .

She will be working with Dotty my youngest spaniel so her name can't start with D cos I think dogs only hear the first letter of the name when in working mode. 

So my wife  has named her Jess = J .

Hope you have a good times with your little dog.

A.T.B. Dave.

Thanks dave last dog was called jess she was a springer x gwp 

Brilliant dog ..

This will be my 1st ever cocker  so fingers crossed 🤞  I can do right by her. 

I think slowly slowly may be the order of the day . 

I know both parents , my nephew owns the bitch . And a lad I know owns the dog Both parents are excellent  little hard workers 

38 minutes ago, London Best said:

All cockers are hard workers.

Some of them even work for their owners!

Mine works for me unless he has something else he wants to do. Head strong or what.

That said he works well in a hide and on scenting for shot deer and rabbits. 

Thinking of maybe  calling her  CHIP as in chocolate chip as she's a chocolate cocker..... but maybe not depends what else comes up .

I'm planning on collecting her on 14th September  when she'll  be 9 weeks old.

Edited by hodge911

10 hours ago, oowee said:

Mine works for me unless he has something else he wants to do. Head strong or what.

That said he works well in a hide and on scenting for shot deer and rabbits. 

As a life-long Labrador man, I was very pleasantly surprised by the two Cocker pups I was given. To be honest, I couldn’t fault them. 
The bitch was very tiny and when tired sometimes struggled with big cock pheasants. The dog was not really much bigger but had no problem with Greylag geese. 
And neither was difficult to train!

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/08/2023 at 22:14, hodge911 said:

Thinking of maybe  calling her  CHIP as in chocolate chip as she's a chocolate cocker..... but maybe not depends what else comes up .

I'm planning on collecting her on 14th September  when she'll  be 9 weeks old.

Coco?

Always preferred double syllable names, as they can be 'sung'.