Worst courier ever

countryman

Well it’s official, DPD get the award for the worst service, 3 times this week they have given me a one hour slot only to not turn up on any of them, there live chat person gave up on me today saying she did not know why the driver failed to turn up and I need to contact the sender, I tried to log a complaint on there on line form only for it to say this service is not working after I hit the send button, be careful if you are thinking of using these people for sending guns, luckily my parcel was not a gun but my parcel has disappeared non the less, and when I asked for £25 compensation for the loss of my time I think the advisor nearly fell off there chair.

If you think DPD is bad try Evri.

I stupidly used them to send a chainsaw I sold on the bay. I tracked the parcel and it got to the local depot and was sent to the local courier. Tracking then showed a 24 hour delay. That was more than 2 weeks ago. Live chat just confirms 24 hour delay. There's more chance of reaching the Marie Celeste than getting through to a human at Evri. The customer helpline is an automated service - no options to speak to an operator and after going through the automated parcel tracking the call is terminated.

Well, I have to say there are good and bad Couriers as in most of life.

I have a very good EVRI Courier here near Peterborough and most of the ones I deal with at work are quite reasonable.

I have had problems with DX, but he seems to steer clear now and has been replaced.

2 hours ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have had problems with DX, but he seems to steer clear now and has been replaced.

I have been offered a job with DX this week - and no - not as a Driver!!:whistling: before you say it

Think I am going to turn it down though. Poor Sick cover (not good as you get older) and hours is an increase of 14% (35 to 40) for not much more money although my current is made up of on-call/OT

My local Evri courier is excellent.

Not so the organisation as a whole.

I am in a battle with them at the moment over a boxed smartwatch that I was returning to a vendor.

I had insured it for the full value, described it as "electronic parts", sealed it with clear tape in a padded jiffy bag and bought 24hr delivery.

After my dropping it off at the local agent, some lowlife in their distribution chain, during the 3 days that it took to be delivered, carefully slit open the envelope, substituted the watch with cheap scent and resealed it with clear tape again.

Evri deny all responsibility, except that they did refund me the 24hr express delivery charge.

I had weighed the packet before I sent it, that weight being some 2/3 of the delivered packet weight, so, assuming that Evri weigh their packages during transit, it would not be difficult to establish where the theft occurred.

I think that this will end up on "Rip Off Britain" or in one of the papers.

Worst in my experience have been DPD. Was in on the day and with 15mins to go til delivery received an email ‘ sorry we missed you’! They didn’t miss me they just didn’t show up! Their ‘service’ helpline was nothing of the sort and after getting to be ‘fourth in line’ twice before ‘something went wrong’ I gave up. 
Took them 3 days to deliver a next day delivery parcel.
As a result I informed the company I bought the product from I wouldn’t be using them again if they were going to use DPD. 
Another was a parcel OH paid for which she received a photo’ of ‘in the shed’. Only problem was, it wasn’t our shed! After a week or so of asking locals to search their sheds but to no avail, the company offered to resend the item ( I’m assuming to the same shed ?) but fortunately someone knocked on our door and said they’d found it in one of their sheds. Totally wrong address! 
Being the honest person she is OH returned the second item, which came directly to our address! 🤷‍♂️

I had a delivery of new window latches go walkies, well sort of. After waiting a few days for delivery I checked to see where it was and ti my surprise is had been delivered with a photo. Only problem was it wasn't out house in the photo. The drive in the pic had composite stuff on the drive and ours is monoblock! I found it in the end, it was one street behind us and tht was Royal mail!

Another time some stuff never arrived, only a few quid worth of tat of ebay and I got replacement sent but God knows where the first lot went.

And my missius bout a shirt for me on vinted and they use EVRI, I think, after a week no shirt! On to evri and usual run around using the online chat. Then we had 2 missed deliveries, ***! we were in ! Then they were returning it to sender and after three weeks it arrived at the door! Too late to wear to the event we were going to!

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2023 at 19:05, TIGHTCHOKE said:

I have a very good EVRI Courier here near Peterborough and most of the ones I deal with at work are quite reasonable.

You and me both! Apparently someone having the same name as me and unknown to me also living in my house signed for a package - very big one so you couldn't miss it - at 11:07 hrs today at which time I was sat in a barber's chair having a hair cut. Suffice to say, no package and no promised card through the door should I have been out when they came - I'd had no advance notification as to when they were coming.

On 09/09/2023 at 00:02, amateur said:

My local Evri courier is excellent.

Not so the organisation as a whole.

I am in a battle with them at the moment over a boxed smartwatch that I was returning to a vendor.

I had insured it for the full value, described it as "electronic parts", sealed it with clear tape in a padded jiffy bag and bought 24hr delivery.

After my dropping it off at the local agent, some lowlife in their distribution chain, during the 3 days that it took to be delivered, carefully slit open the envelope, substituted the watch with cheap scent and resealed it with clear tape again.

Evri deny all responsibility, except that they did refund me the 24hr express delivery charge.

I had weighed the packet before I sent it, that weight being some 2/3 of the delivered packet weight, so, assuming that Evri weigh their packages during transit, it would not be difficult to establish where the theft occurred.

I think that this will end up on "Rip Off Britain" or in one of the papers.

As a follow up.

After I had had the complete run around from Evri, I emailed a national newspaper with the story.

Within 2 days I had a most apologetic phone call from a reasonably high level Evri manager, my insured value paid and enough compensation paid for me to take my wife out for a pub lunch.

On 08/09/2023 at 19:05, TIGHTCHOKE said:

This.

Hermes/Evri used to be useless but we now have a lovely helpful local lady and it's great.

DPD pretty good around here

Most troublesome recently are Royal Mail, where a parcel despatched in Rugby to Gloucestershire on 4th October on 48 hours delivery arrived on the 17th - 13 days.   Tracking showed it as in Bristol (the main mail centre) 5 times, Donegal (Northern Ireland) twice) and my local delivery office 3 times - but still not delivered and next appeared back in Bristol!

Try and complain - phone has a recorded message saying "We are unusually busy at the present time and the wait is over 50 minutes" - please visit our web site". If they are unusually busy - why is the message always the same?  The web site says 'for further information call ....... the number that is unusually busy.  Sending an email gets a response that the will 'attempt to reply' within 72 hours - and around 4 days later you get a standard e mail saying if your parcel still hasn't turned up, call the number that is unusually busy.  It is completely impossible to actually contact anyone.  And to add to that - a first class stamp has just gone up to £1.25.