Scaremongering or reality?

Centrepin

1 minute ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think it's very true, the only question is when. It's no different from saying a life ending meteor will hit the earth, it could be next week or it could be in several hundred million years time.

That's my point, it's like my father in law used to say, "Things'll have to change, it'll either rain or go dark before morning".

4 minutes ago, tweedledee said:

Scaremongering!!!!!! Think folk with any wit would have cottoned on after the last scamdemic!!!!! Inflated death numbers, vaccine damage and death... government partying whilst old folk dying alone..Hancock's fake tears didn't wash with me..rotten from the top down

While I totally agree generally for fit healthy people, Covid was nothing more than a heavy cold, that's not to say a serious virus won't raise it's head and wipe out a decent percentage of humanity, what we could do about it without seeing it first, I really don't know.

Edited by 12gauge82

5 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

I think it's very true, the only question is when. It's no different from saying a life ending meteor will hit the earth, it could be next week or it could be in several hundred million years time.

Or we could get nuked, that would certainly reduce the worlds population.

8 minutes ago, tweedledee said:

Scaremongering!!!!!! Think folk with any wit would have cottoned on after the last scamdemic!!!!! Inflated death numbers, vaccine damage and death... government partying whilst old folk dying alone..Hancock's fake tears didn't wash with me..rotten from the top down

And Internet experts spreading conspiracies.

The yanks are fetching it in from that asteroid sample.... The capsule bringing it in will crash into the desert and explode,,,, the wind spreading 'IT' around the planet. You wont even need to breathe it in,,,, it'll affect everything it touches, killing exactly 50% of everything  with blood in it. Oh, and it disintegrates tin foil to a fine powder, turning that into 'IT' as well 🤦🤷🙄

Edit to add,,,, Elvis Presley and Lord Lucan told me this,,,, so it must be true 🤓

Edited by JKD

9 minutes ago, sam triple said:

Scare mongering ,flu , cancer , accidents in all forms kill millions every year but they’re old news 

Do they not do things to try and prevent accidents cancers etc 🤔 they warn about cancers strokes all the time and things that can help prevent them, just more scare mongering then 🤔

Edited by ordnance

they will get us to put masks on our faces and our bottoms....cause it will hide the rotton teeth cause poor people cant afford dentists...and on our bottoms because of the poor quality cheap diet we are forced to eat ..

2 minutes ago, RCB56 said:

Let's not look for the next pandemic, let's focus on the present pandemic which is LIFE.

As Life is a sexually transmitted terminal disease.

field expeidency.......we need to get smart....instead of using a condom ...use an empty crisp packet

I would say that if you keep modifying extremely rare natural virus's in laboratories, to make them more lethal to humankind, then there's a good chance that they will 'accidentally' leak out and cause another pandemic. 

Can anyone with more knowledge than I, tell me what useful purpose 'gain of function' testing achieves? 

Besides wipe out the more old and vulnerable. 

5 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

I would say that if you keep modifying extremely rare natural virus's in laboratories, to make them more lethal to humankind, then there's a good chance that they will 'accidentally' leak out and cause another pandemic. 

Can anyone with more knowledge than I, tell me what useful purpose 'gain of function' testing achieves? 

I think you have answered your own question.

11 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

They would claim it allows you to get ahead of potential virus mutations and help create vaccines in advance to combat them. 

The reality in relation to Covid we can probably all agree likely had nothing to do with that.

53 minutes ago, Rewulf said:

Possibly because germ warfare is less destructive than nuclear bombs.