Slavery reparations

ditchman

BARBADOS....

Bloody bitch prime minister is demanding £3.9 Trillion quid fro UK to settle the slave and sugar thing.............Prince Charles is luke warm on the idea and is sort of agreeing

well if it was up to me the whole lot can bloody well **** off.............nothing but a bunch of workshy idol thick muppets..who want something for nothing..............all this bloody reperation carp totally boils my wee

all of these ex colonies are jumping on the band wagon cause they now know wokism rules and the UK govt is spineless and weak and we can be rolled over a barrel and be rogered senseless.................

all this carp is going to have a backlash............

44 minutes ago, Yellow Bear said:

In this spirit of wokeism perhaps we should be doing the same starting with the Italians then the Irish, Scandinavians, Germans, French, and Spanish, all of whom raided these islands for slaves.

Don't forget the Barbary lot, too, so today that would be Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco.

8 hours ago, Robden said:

How far back are we going?  Who built the ******* pyramids!?!

the Romanians built the Hadrians wall.....they put a better quote in than the Romans.........

4 hours ago, samboy said:

I'd love to put my views on here but i got banned for a month last time i spoke up.

i feel yer pain bro'.......

14 hours ago, ditchman said:

BARBADOS....

Bloody bitch prime minister is demanding £3.9 Trillion quid fro UK to settle the slave and sugar thing.............Prince Charles is luke warm on the idea and is sort of agreeing

well if it was up to me the whole lot can bloody well **** off.............nothing but a bunch of workshy idol thick muppets..who want something for nothing..............all this bloody reperation carp totally boils my wee

all of these ex colonies are jumping on the band wagon cause they now know wokism rules and the UK govt is spineless and weak and we can be rolled over a barrel and be rogered senseless.................

All I can add is they want to think themselves lucky that sugar cane wouldn't grow in the Artic !

So who's going to pay repatriations for surfdom in the UK.

The vast majority of UK citizens far from being slave owners were virtual slaves themselves with absolutely nothing to do with slavery and in some cases actually treated worse.

It was a very select group of elites who owned slaves. Why should the families of peasant ancestors be held responsible for the actions of a few rich men who are no longer alive.

25 minutes ago, 12gauge82 said:

So who's going to pay repatriations for surfdom in the UK.

The vast majority of UK citizens far from being slave owners were virtual slaves themselves with absolutely nothing to do with slavery and in some cases actually treated worse.

It was a very select group of elites who owned slaves. Why should the families of peasant ancestors be held responsible for the actions of a few rich men who are no longer alive.

Well put :good:

In more modern times I don't  think there is enough money in Germany to pay the Jewish peoples, Russia, Poland and the rest of Europe

Yes, it was the Germans not some mythical race called 'The Nazis' which is used these days to whitewash Germanys terrible atrocities in WWII

Edited by fern01

4 hours ago, fern01 said:

In more modern times I don't  think there is enough money in Germany to pay the Jewish peoples, Russia, Poland and the rest of Europe

Yes, it was the Germans not some mythical race called 'The Nazis' which is used these days to whitewash Germanys terrible atrocities in WWII

If they're white, they don't count..........or so it seems. The owner of my local Indian restaurant says that he can't be classed as racist as he is Indian.

4 hours ago, fern01 said:

Mm, regarding your first paragraph. You I am fairly certain that seemingly German politicos are much more intelligent than our clowns? They always retain control to ensure that their nation is never ever done down in any way whereas our lot give away all control to anyone who will bung them a fiver?

Look where that has got us?

As regards your second paragraph, that's maybe just a way of using smoke and mirrors to cleanse toxicity and move on whilst grabbing a few crumbs from the table?

I will personally write them a cheque - one person to one slave payment - but it has to be in the name of their ancestor - fully proven that their descendants haven't benefitted from them ancestors being slaves  - and they must have a valid bank account in the name of their ancestor to cash it.

Oh, failed at the first fence because if they hadn't been taken into slavery - those descendants would not exist...therefore they have benefitted!!

Edited by discobob

On 07/12/2023 at 09:28, Penelope said:

Don't forget the Barbary lot, too, so today that would be Algeria, Tunisia and Morocco.

They were snatching people (mostly women) and selling them into slavery from coastal villages in Cornwall as recently as the 1850s.

Not just Cornwall I have no doubt.

But my ancestors were no better off than slaves. They were agricultural workers when it was effectively slavery.

The African slaves in the Southern States of America and in the Caribbean had one big thing going for them. Somebody had paid a lot of money for them. They had a real value, that was incredibly important because a slave actually  cost a lot of money. They weren't going mistreat them or let them starve. The evidence from the Plantations in America and Caribbean bears this out. Slaves live "comparitively' well

Something that English, Scottish and Irish agriculture workers didn't have going for them. They could die along with their family and nobody cared

Edited by Vince Green

On 07/12/2023 at 00:53, ditchman said:

BARBADOS....

Just out of interest I did 2 min research  and this would amount to about 14 million per head of the population of said state.