Masterchef The Professionals and Doctor Who

discobob

So, a little bit behind on the Masterchef and watched the pre-final last night at a restaurant in Denmark last night - well I am sorry - both my wife and I said we would prefer to eat at McDonalds - and we don't eat at McDonalds.

But what was evident, was the message that was being pushed - banging on about the climate and environment.

This after Doctor Who 60th - which has been THE MESSAGE..with a loose storyline around it. Mind you it is funded now by Disney (another crown jewel sold out)

I feel that the BBC is really advanced in its death throws, anyone else feel that way?

44 minutes ago, discobob said:

So, a little bit behind on the Masterchef and watched the pre-final last night at a restaurant in Denmark last night - well I am sorry - both my wife and I said we would prefer to eat at McDonalds - and we don't eat at McDonalds.

But what was evident, was the message that was being pushed - banging on about the climate and environment.

This after Doctor Who 60th - which has been THE MESSAGE..with a loose storyline around it. Mind you it is funded now by Disney (another crown jewel sold out)

I feel that the BBC is really advanced in its death throws, anyone else feel that way?

The restaurant did at least serve meat and offal and in such a way that you were supposed to be made aware of waste and the way the meat is produced. I did wonder what they did with the rest of the cod after they ate the jaw bone, bin it ?.. purely a gimmick to relieve the rich of their money. but then that seems to be the way of all Michelin starred gaffs 

2 hours ago, discobob said:

Yes a truly awful woke episode.  I like the programme but that episode was the most ridiculous yet.

17 minutes ago, London Best said:

You missed a bit. 
‘gay’ is a word which has been stolen by a certain section of the community. Some of us are old enough to remember that it actually means ‘happy’

I'm with you on that, I far prefer Homosexual - speaking personally

Edited by PeterHenry

2 hours ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

hello, from what i read the BBC are loosing many licence payers who go over to other ways to watch on TV or computer, why  Denmark ??

No real surprise there then, both our kids have done it. I'm going to investigate as sick of The fee and the way it's squandered on fairly talent less so called celebs.

I stopped watching Dr Who when the first female Dr, played by Jodie Wittaker, who we will lovingly call Dr Karen took over. It was utter drivel after that full of intersectional feminism, climate cobblers and a hefty dose of Trump derangement syndrome. Even the reviewers I watch on Youtube are done with it.  I like to play a game if I happen to find the TV is on the bbc news ,seeing how long they can go in each article before saying climate change, or as I like to call it The Weather! Oh and it is not very long usually.

21 hours ago, Lord O War said:

I stopped watching Dr Who when the first female Dr, played by Jodie Wittaker, who we will lovingly call Dr Karen took over. It was utter drivel after that full of intersectional feminism, climate cobblers and a hefty dose of Trump derangement syndrome. Even the reviewers I watch on Youtube are done with it. 

I stopped watching Dr Who in 1963 after about the third episode on Children’s BBC. Utter drivel from the first episode.

21 minutes ago, derbyduck said:

I prefer the word Sodomites .

Apparently, nobody can help being Homosexual, any more than I can help being Homophobic.

22 hours ago, Lord O War said:

I stopped watching Dr Who when the first female Dr, played by Jodie Wittaker, who we will lovingly call Dr Karen took over. It was utter drivel after that full of intersectional feminism, climate cobblers and a hefty dose of Trump derangement syndrome. Even the reviewers I watch on Youtube are done with it.  I like to play a game if I happen to find the TV is on the bbc news ,seeing how long they can go in each article before saying climate change, or as I like to call it The Weather! Oh and it is not very long usually.

Agreed, I am a big Sci-fi fan but the story lines in Dr Who are sometimes so deep it makes it hard watching, Sci-fi should be just that, without trying to entangled today's social issues into the story line.

One of the most successful Sci-fi series was Gene Roddenberry, Star-Trek, pure Sci-fi, easy watching with good story lines, although it looks a little dated today some of the gadgets and technology depicted in the series were just the writers imagination but some of that imagination is now common place today.

Give me Sci-fi not woke issues.

1 hour ago, derbyduck said:

I prefer the word Sodomites .

Valid, if old fashioned.

1 hour ago, London Best said:

Apparently, nobody can help being Homosexual, any more than I can help being Homophobic.

I agree entirely with the first half of the paragraph. That said, I have no problem with you being 'homophobic' (your word, not mine) - I just wish you were more amusing while doing so....

On 15/12/2023 at 19:14, Lord O War said:

Nerdrotic, Disparu, Heel, Drinker by any chance??

I tend to not watch the news anymore - I did see a little bit on Welsh News which was on about the trail bikes damaging grass - with the wording "now unable to collect CO2" or suchlike...Luckily I missed the telly with the remote - that could have been expensive

On 14/12/2023 at 19:00, London Best said:

You missed a bit. 
‘gay’ is a word which has been stolen by a certain section of the community. Some of us are old enough to remember that it actually means ‘happy’

You've lost the battle on that one; I would move on if I were you.  🤣

On 16/12/2023 at 18:13, old'un said:

One of the most successful Sci-fi series was Gene Roddenberry, Star-Trek, pure Sci-fi,

Apparently, the original Star Trek at the time was considered rather 'woke'?  Amongst other things, they had the first inter-racial kiss on screen.

It's weird, my generation grew up watching 'Red Dwarf' in the 90s, at the time we barely noticed or cared that 2 of its lead cast were black/mixed-race actors, or that they did a male-female transition of another of the lead characters.  Mostly because they were more interested in gags and story telling than 'messaging'.

On 14/12/2023 at 15:41, discobob said:

Yes; not that I've paid for its output in 5+ years, but everytime I see any (staying at parents, stuff online etc), it seems to me as though they find 95% of their audience contemptible ignoramuses who must be 'educated'...