Hard to understand.

If this is genuine then those responsible have no one to blame but themselves if and when live quarry shooting is banned.

It is as bad as raptor persecution in my opinion and should be just as illegal. Not that that would stop it of course, but it may prevent some from weirdly leaving them in what always seems to be plain sight, so those who oppose us can find them. 🤔

All sounds very dodgy to me you wouldn't tie three woodcock then take them to throw away 

Also they would get better coverage if they showed where they was dumped not just a piece of grass

Edited by Rim Fire

Perhaps someone from a shoot in the area will remember 3 woodcock tied together for a specific gun and hopefully take him to task when the occasion arises for his thoughtless laziness, which rightly deserves punishment for bringing shooting into disrepute. 

Of course as the right to shoot game can be hotly contested by some it could be possible that the birds were planted to further their agenda. 

really distastefull if true,,,as a life long shooter im 74 now i will not even raise my gun to woodcock,grey patridge or hares ,,and yes i have done in the past but i dont want to do it anymore im more than happy sticking with corvids an pigeon.anything that puts us shooters in a bad light is not doing any of us any favours.