re start up

dessyb

got it, disabled everything, and then saved preferences. took a couple of minutes to scroll down through it all

just did it to me again

1 more time and that's me out.

Edited by Mr.C

3 hours ago, Rim Fire said:

And me but like me you probably said yes to the agreement 

yes................its now tagged permanant strap right at the bottom of the page..("privacy and cookie settings").........

hate being worked over .....like you canr view any sight unless you click yes to cookies..:mad:

On 24/01/2024 at 15:48, Mr.C said:

got it, disabled everything, and then saved preferences. took a couple of minutes to scroll down through it all

just did it to me again

1 more time and that's me out.

it's also done it to me twice since i've been a member (which is only a couple of weeks) and i did exactly the same as you.

if you've saved your preferences how does it keep having a pop to change 'em again?

17 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

it's also done it to me twice since i've been a member (which is only a couple of weeks) and i did exactly the same as you.

if you've saved your preferences how does it keep having a pop to change 'em again?

Do you have your browser privacy set to clear cookies/history etc. or using incognito browsing.

To remember your choices, you will need a cookie from the site. If this is cleared you'll need to choose everytime.

18 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

No idea, it's doing it again after a week even though I saved my preferences. Putting me off bothering to visit the site tbh

- Two things you can do.

1) Install a an Advert blocker as an extension to your web browser - I use AdblockPlus:  https://adblockplus.org/download, contributing to its development is optional, I do put £5 in from time to time

2) If you are using a PC consider installing a free tool like CCleaner:  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Adblock supresses adverts effectively, to the point that some sites will detect it is being used and ask you to turn it off for the site - which you can do.   CCleaner's Custom Clean option, left in it's default settings will clear out the cookies that produce annoying pop-ups.

CCleaner screen.jpg

34 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

- Two things you can do.

1) Install a an Advert blocker as an extension to your web browser - I use AdblockPlus:  https://adblockplus.org/download, contributing to its development is optional, I do put £5 in from time to time

2) If you are using a PC consider installing a free tool like CCleaner:  https://www.ccleaner.com/ccleaner/download/standard

Adblock supresses adverts effectively, to the point that some sites will detect it is being used and ask you to turn it off for the site - which you can do.   CCleaner's Custom Clean option, left in it's default settings will clear out the cookies that produce annoying pop-ups.

CCleaner screen.jpg

It's not an advert, it's a privacy consent form for the website, and clearing cookies for the site will only ensure it will continue to appear.

My browser on my laptop is set to the strictest privacy policy, and evertime I open my browser I have to re-submit my google consent, along with every other website I visit.

Edited by Newbie to this