Kofs or Yildiz

BrowningDJC

Looking for a junior gun for my eldest who’s 12, ideally a 20 bore but possibly a 28 depending on what he feels more comfortable with. 
I understand the Kofs and Yildiz are both budget guns so I can’t expect too much, but these seem to fit the bill and have good warranty. I’ve no experience of either, so any feedback from owners would be great. 

22 minutes ago, BrowningDJC said:

Looking for a junior gun for my eldest who’s 12, ideally a 20 bore but possibly a 28 depending on what he feels more comfortable with. 
I understand the Kofs and Yildiz are both budget guns so I can’t expect too much, but these seem to fit the bill and have good warranty. I’ve no experience of either, so any feedback from owners would be great. 

I considered the same option. Having seen both makes used and abused at shooting schools - I opted for the Yildiz. I tried a shooting ground owned Kofs and its resistance to hard use was all too apparent. I bought a used Yildiz which had been through a buzy life. Its done approx’ 3,000 cart’s with me and still going strong. The Yildiz I think is a little more money - but there’s not much in the difference second hand. 

P.S I’m sure either would be fine for occasional use. I’m talking about heavy use. 

I can only speak for Yildiz, having had both a 20 bore and a 28 bore. Both were superb guns to shoot, they both handled very well, they were also extremely reliable. I would not hesitate to buy another. I used these guns for Instruction and also for use by my Grandkids. I only sold them to replace them with 12 bores, the Grandkids outgrew them.

3 minutes ago, Rim Fire said:

i have a kofs in a 20b its the one i am holding in sporting pictures they got 30 inch barrels and shoots well shot some good long range pheasants with it i prefer it over my Beretta 12 b a lot lighter to carry 

You sure it's NOT an air rifle?   :cool1:

Hello, the only reason i bought my Yildiz O/U was it has an Auto Safety where the ATAs , not sure on the Kofs, i looked at did not but you could get this done , £30 to £50 was quoted, my Yildiz is the light game model and shoots and works well with 28g cartridges, it fits very well in my 5ft 8 inch slim frame 🤔???😄

Edited by oldypigeonpopper

I had a KOFS 28G for a couple of years, no problems but I would advise not buying without seeing the gun first as the stocks seem to vary from average to stunning, you can get replacement stocks for under £100 if you need a junior stock but cannot get a junior gun at a decent price or vice versa (check with SGC first as I bought mine around 4 years ago). The KOFS has a screw under the fore end that can tighten up the barrel/action so dont be fooled thinking a gun is hardly used if the action is stiff.

Edited by bruno22rf

I bought a Kofs junior .410 new for the grand kids to learn on and although it has had little use "they dont like shooting" I really cant fault it. It is basic but works OK. depreciation is awful.

Edited by DUNKS

11 hours ago, DUNKS said:

I bought a Kofs junior .410 new for the grand kids to learn on and although it has had little use "they dont like shooting" I really cant fault it. It is basic but works OK. depreciation is awful.

Its really not awful, they only cost £450 new, you will lose that much on most other new guns whatever the brand.

• 3 weeks later...