Farage

Penelope

Farage will say more or less anything because he can't imagine that Reform would win enough of the vote to be forced into forming a government.

Let's just imagine for moment that we wake up on 5th July and there has been a rout for Rushi's wasters and Starmer's band - the electorate have dumped them both.

Farage would have a big problem - needing  to form a government. Now that would be when things would get interesting - I wonder what the financial markets would do?

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

Farage would have a big problem - needing  to form a government. Now that would be when things would get interesting - I wonder what the financial markets would do?

It'll be interesting to see what kind of retarded government Labour forms.

With no real opposition to keep them in check, Scottish ref 2, rejoining the EU,  hundreds of thousands more 3rd world migrants, what kind of effect do you think THATS going to do to the markets?

31 minutes ago, ditchman said:

is Le Penn anti EU  ?

Just a teensy bit 😆

22 minutes ago, Cosmicblue said:

Farage will say more or less anything because he can't imagine that Reform would win enough of the vote to be forced into forming a government.

Let's just imagine for moment that we wake up on 5th July and there has been a rout for Rushi's wasters and Starmer's band - the electorate have dumped them both.

I wondered this.

My best guess is Reform would offer a merger with the conservatives, Farage for PM, Kemi No 2 and then a wholesale boot out of the wets but able to inherent enough of the advisors and machinery to make it work. 

But you’re right, if Reform get in expect 20% interest rates and the pound turning into the Turkish lira 😆

That said, I’m still voting for Reform so the dolts in Conservative Party HQ understand my feelings right now.

32 minutes ago, Stonepark said:

A good speech from Reform UK's biggest donor in this election......

Watched it all. Channelled pure Thatcher - loved it.

interesting aspect love of country - something drummed out of us over the last decade or so by the hand wringing lefties who require us to be ashamed of our history, throw 200 year old statues into the canal and cancel the last of the last night of the proms and any flag waving unless it’s rainbow or blue and gold.

Edit

Much chatter about how a Le Penn victory will motivate a lot of conservatives to jump to Reform, igniting a belief that it could actually be possible and now the wasted vote is the vote for conservatives.

Edited by Mungler

17 minutes ago, Mungler said:

Watched it all. Channelled pure Thatcher - loved it.

interesting aspect love of country - something drummed out of us over the last decade or so by the hand wringing lefties who require us to be ashamed of our history, throw 200 year old statues into the canal and cancel the last of the last night of the proms and any flag waving unless it’s rainbow or blue and gold.

Edit

Much chatter about how a Le Penn victory will motivate a lot of conservatives to jump to Reform, igniting a belief that it could actually be possible and now the wasted vote is the vote for conservatives.

just shows they dont give a toss about the electorate.....just the preservation of their income stream......

1 hour ago, Cosmicblue said:

Sounds wonderful to me.

Could it be any worse than Blair and browns 2008 financial crash and flood gates opening to mass uncontrolled migration.

David Camerons toys out the pram and leaving us up the creek without a paddle.

Teresa Mays Brexit betrayal.

Boris' lock downs stoking massive inflation.

Or the Tories dismal 14 years

6 hours ago, Dave-G said:

Entrepreneur Zia Yusuf did an amazing rally call. I suspect he's made a very big difference to many wavering or usual Tory votors

It was a shot in the arm from the usual blandness or hand wringing for all our 1st world white privilege, and coming from an immigrant self made multi millionaire.

In other news, I see the MSM have started with there predicted ‘France heads for disaster and far right’ and mentions Macron seeking to form a coalition with the left - but not mentioning that the left he wants to team up with is the super hard left communists etc.

I think a lot of people have had their eyes opened as to the insidious nature of modern MSM.

2 hours ago, Mungler said:

It was a shot in the arm from the usual blandness or hand wringing for all our 1st world white privilege, and coming from an immigrant self made multi millionaire.

In other news, I see the MSM have started with there predicted ‘France heads for disaster and far right’ and mentions Macron seeking to form a coalition with the left - but not mentioning that the left he wants to team up with is the super hard left communists etc.

I think a lot of people have had their eyes opened as to the insidious nature of modern MSM.

You only have to have been an observer of the MSM in the states to see that the same stunts would be pulled over here (they have been for some considerable time).

21 hours ago, ditchman said:

is Le Penn anti EU  ?

Not any more. They saw what happened here. 

21 hours ago, Mungler said:

Just a teensy bit 😆

I wondered this.

My best guess is Reform would offer a merger with the conservatives, Farage for PM, Kemi No 2 and then a wholesale boot out of the wets but able to inherent enough of the advisors and machinery to make it work. 

But you’re right, if Reform get in expect 20% interest rates and the pound turning into the Turkish lira 😆

That said, I’m still voting for Reform so the dolts in Conservative Party HQ understand my feelings right now.

There won't be enough of them to form a coalition. That's why we need to change the voting system. Labour has been hobbled for years as there are several left of centre parties to split the vote. Reform brings some parity. Labour should be able to do at least two terms before they implode. 

36 minutes ago, oowee said:

Labour should be able to do at least two terms before they implode. 

That really depends on their performance though doesnt it ?

They could be better than expected, or even good (I doubt it) and hang on to power for decades, or they could be spectacularly bad, and not even last a full term.

Indeed; I’d suggest ‘out for at least 2 terms’ is dated thinking in the same vain as ‘elections are won in the centre’.

A centre right party out of the ashes of the Tories & Reform (per the Canadian Reform/Con example from ‘94) might well be electable after one term. Especially if Starmer goes into full tax-grab mode with swinging CGT & pensions raids.

8 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Indeed; I’d suggest ‘out for at least 2 terms’ is dated thinking in the same vain as ‘elections are won in the centre’.

A centre right party out of the ashes of the Tories & Reform (per the Canadian Reform/Con example from ‘94) might well be electable after one term. Especially if Starmer goes into full tax-grab mode with swinging CGT & pensions raids.

Plus an ostrich in the sand regarding immigration. The electorate will finally have enough. 

9 hours ago, oowee said:

Not any more. They saw what happened here. 

They took it off the manifesto because they thought it cost them votes in 2017, but boy do they want a Frexit and French sovereignty. Indeed, there is no way Le Pen can implement her immigration goals without going head to head with core EU values and policy. That said, if the EU itself heads right, it may not be such a bad place to stay and may become more pragmatic, more accommodating and less idealistic, certainly about freedom of movement.

If you believe it’s Putin's key goal to break up the EU and is particularly close with Le Pen then a Le Pen victory in France isn’t going to be good for the EU. Perhaps she can pull it down from the inside eh?

3 hours ago, Mungler said:

That said, if the EU itself heads right, it may not be such a bad place to stay and may become more pragmatic, more accommodating and less idealistic, certainly about freedom of movement.

If you believe it’s Putin's key goal to break up the EU and is particularly close with Le Pen then a Le Pen victory in France isn’t going to be good for the EU. Perhaps she can pull it down from the inside eh?

Yes. Bang on. The kremlin funded Brexit misinfo big time. They are undoubtedly funding directly anything that can break western cohesion. Be it immigration and ECHR or funding for Nato or farmers on the polish border, Trump with agenda 25 or Orban, or Reform. 

Over 1m posts and tweets a day by russian bots. It's their most effective weapon to win in Ukraine. 

On 29/06/2024 at 14:04, Zoli 12 guage said:

so,let me get this straight.

in the Farage video he's basically inferring that they've been fitted up by a msm news channel.

if this is correct channel 4 needs its license revoking.

it's obvious to every man and his dog that the mainstream parties are running scared of a party that wants what the majority of the country wants.

i for one have had enough of this left wing,woke,pro europe and immigration cobblers.

yep,and i include the Tories in that description.

they've betrayed the country and lied to get the votes they got in 2019.

Seemingly things that need doing never get done?

All politicians know they can lie with impunity and do so?

Whatever happens at the forthcoming circus I feel sure nothing will change, just more of the garbage that has pushed us to the bottom of the stage.

Is it just me or does it not really feel like there's a general election in a couple of days?

I'll be at work so I've done a postal vote for the first time,  but otherwise I've just caught a few adds around the football or bits of news where the usual suspects look incredibly boring and that's both Rishi and Starmer, few leaflets through the door but that's it??

4 hours ago, Mice! said:

Is it just me or does it not really feel like there's a general election in a couple of days?

I'll be at work so I've done a postal vote for the first time,  but otherwise I've just caught a few adds around the football or bits of news where the usual suspects look incredibly boring and that's both Rishi and Starmer, few leaflets through the door but that's it??

Fear not Sir, the result will be as spectacular as the build up. Excruciatingly bad unless you are  an mp? Then it's party time.

10 hours ago, oowee said:

Yes. Bang on. The kremlin funded Brexit misinfo big time. They are undoubtedly funding directly anything that can break western cohesion. Be it immigration and ECHR or funding for Nato or farmers on the polish border, Trump with agenda 25 or Orban, or Reform. 

Over 1m posts and tweets a day by russian bots. It's their most effective weapon to win in Ukraine. 

What’s funny is the re-writing of history that prior to 8 years ago we all got on with our European chums like a house on fire and EU was some milk and honey nirvana 😆

It was of course constant strife and the UK being striped up left right and centre which is why they couldn’t meet us anywhere half way or do anything to ameliorate against departure - I can remember all the eu threats and rhetoric. Who needs Putin propaganda?

If the right get a foothold in Germany and France, the EU is in big trouble - too many countries want more autonomy (particularly with borders and immigration) and with that, hopefully we’ll get back to a common economic community and stick the rest of the lefty nonsense in the bin.  

32 minutes ago, Mungler said:

What’s funny is the re-writing of history that prior to 8 years ago we all got on with our European chums like a house on fire and EU was some milk and honey nirvana 😆

It was of course constant strife and the UK being striped up left right and centre which is why they couldn’t meet us anywhere half way or do anything to ameliorate against departure - I can remember all the eu threats and rhetoric. Who needs Putin propaganda?

If the right get a foothold in Germany and France, the EU is in big trouble - too many countries want more autonomy (particularly with borders and immigration) and with that, hopefully we’ll get back to a common economic community and stick the rest of the lefty nonsense in the bin.  

If, more likely how far they can take it.

well all the talking and guessing is nearly done......i truly wonder how things are going to pan out..............

will it catch us by surprise.......or a total damp squid.......will this be Farages armageddon...or the rise of Reform............

still think there are a lot of "what the hell " voters who will make their choice at the ballot box....

1 hour ago, ditchman said:

still think there are a lot of "what the hell " voters who will make their choice at the ballot box...

Parents at rugby have been doing online who should I vote for things, saying they just don't know, I find that quite funny, that means ordinary working folk aren't screaming out with the Cons, Labour save us or Reform is the answer , yet some would have us believe that everyone is fed up with the current lot 🤷‍♂️

• welsh1 locked this topic