Autumn Budget

ditchman

Have been looking at various statements and predictions...for the Autumn Budget.............at least Starmer is right when he says it is going to be painful

this budget is GOING TO BE HORRIFIC........from the owners of electric cars....pensioners savings....VAT.....more control over the populace....

billions have got to be gleaned from somewhere to pay for illegal migration..prisons....hostpitals....wage hikes for ...all the viscous unions.....Racheal Reeves and with support from the Sue Grays of this world..are going to rape anyone with money or who wants to work hard and put stuff away for the future..........

we are hearing snippets of what is going to happen....but August to Budget day is a long time...and more will come out.......

labour's motto is.......

"i care not for your pridicament Jack.....i am suffiecently provided for..."

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that our age group ( 70 and over ) will be hit hard , your savings will be reduced to pay for caring , your house will be nigh on handed over to the government again to pay for your care , you might even have to help to pay for your health care , prescriptions , dental charges going up and so on , mind you , when we keel over that will be the least of our worries , live today and worry about tomorrow when it get here . :good:

You are told as youngsters to save for retirement, some can some cant, but either way when the time gets closer to retiring they move the bloody goal posts, so plan "B" but its too late for plan "B" when your into your 60's. Basically your stuffed. 

And as Ditchy points out free hand outs to those that have given B all. 

20 minutes ago, Dougy said:

You are told as youngsters to save for retirement, some can some cant, but either way when the time gets closer to retiring they move the bloody goal posts, so plan "B" but its too late for plan "B" when your into your 60's. Basically your stuffed. 

That sums it up nicely 🤦‍♂️☹️

20 minutes ago, Dougy said:

I'll bet my house that the tax free portion of your pension that you are allowed to withdraw will disappear like a David Blain magic trick.👍👍

av a bob on your uncle Zoli😡

3 minutes ago, Zoli 12 guage said:

I'll bet my house that the tax free portion of your pension that you are allowed to withdraw will disappear like a David Blain magic trick.👍👍

av a bob on your uncle Zoli😡

Well they will have to be quick, im taking it this December before they do. 

7 minutes ago, oldypigeonpopper said:

Hello, I can just imagine all the very very wealthy will be phoning their Accountants ASAP 🤔

they will be leaving the country.............there will be a mass exodus...........it will be like the retreat from moscow

2 hours ago, steve_b_wales said:

I hate the man, but I read that he has cancelled the £40 million cost of the private helicopters and airplanes that Sunak used many, many times.

Yea…he’s cancelled a contract tender process. If I were a betting man, I’d say he’s still going to take private helicopter flights (security doncha know), only pay for them as and when…which will probably cost more than the £40m odd that the previous contract was worth.

Happy to be a wrong, but doubt it.

Back on topic, some wag online reckoned it’s all a false flag. Prepare us for worst then magically find money some money before the budget in order to claim how prudent we’re being.

3 hours ago, marsh man said:

I think that our age group ( 70 and over ) will be hit hard , your savings will be reduced to pay for caring , your house will be nigh on handed over to the government again to pay for your care , you might even have to help to pay for your health care , prescriptions , dental charges going up and so on , mind you , when we keel over that will be the least of our worries , live today and worry about tomorrow when it get here . :good:

hate to tell you but they already take all your savings and the majority of your house for care costs.

1 hour ago, grahamch said:

Plenty of areas to cur spending in - overseas aid, asylum seekers budget for a start 

First you have to stop the asylum seekers arriving let’s see that play out.

52 minutes ago, udderlyoffroad said:

Yea…he’s cancelled a contract tender process. If I were a betting man, I’d say he’s still going to take private helicopter flights (security doncha know), only pay for them as and when…which will probably cost more than the £40m odd that the previous contract was worth.

Happy to be a wrong, but doubt it.

Back on topic, some wag online reckoned it’s all a false flag. Prepare us for worst then magically find money some money before the budget in order to claim how prudent we’re being.

your not wrong, swapped the helicopter for a private jet.

https://order-order.com/2024/07/15/starmer-flew-to-england-final-on-private-jet-that-labour-repeatedly-criticised/

Edited by rbrowning2

10 minutes ago, rbrowning2 said:

hate to tell you but they already take all your savings and the majority of your house for care costs.

I thought you were left a certain amount and the rest was used for your care , I might well be wrong .

My f i l died about 8 years ago , he had his own house along the sea front in Yarmouth and at the time was worth about £150k , he had to go into a care home and the house wasn't mentioned , it was sold and the proceeds were split between his four children , the only money they took for his care was his pensions and nothing else , that was 8 years ago and things have no doubt moved on .   MM

11 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I thought you were left a certain amount and the rest was used for your care , I might well be wrong .

My f i l died about 8 years ago , he had his own house along the sea front in Yarmouth and at the time was worth about £150k , he had to go into a care home and the house wasn't mentioned , it was sold and the proceeds were split between his four children , the only money they took for his care was his pensions and nothing else , that was 8 years ago and things have no doubt moved on .   MM

google it they can take all the value of the house except i think it is £23,250 provided no partner or dependant is still living in it.

https://www.independentage.org/get-advice/health-and-care/paying-for-care/do-i-have-to-sell-my-home-to-pay-for-residential-care

25 minutes ago, marsh man said:

Sounds like the family either pretended he didn’t have it, or he had signed it over to a trust / then many years before requiring care.

If you going into a care home currently and your husband / wife has already passed then it no longer counts as your “home” and is used as an asset to fund your care. 

This has been the case for many many years. 

1 minute ago, Lloyd90 said:

Sounds like the family either pretended he didn’t have it, or he had signed it over to a trust / then many years before requiring care.

If you going into a care home currently and your husband / wife has already passed then it no longer counts as your “home” and is used as an asset to fund your care. 

This has been the case for many many years. 

I could never make it out myself Lloyd why his house was never sold to fund his care , in a way I am glad they didn't have to sell it as my wife got 25% and we then had enough money without having to get a mortgage for the bungalow I am living in now .

I would imagine it was all above board as he had a stair lift and work done on his bathroom by whoever do that sort of thing and all the selling side was through a solicitor   MM

2 minutes ago, marsh man said:

I could never make it out myself Lloyd why his house was never sold to fund his care , in a way I am glad they didn't have to sell it as my wife got 25% and we then had enough money without having to get a mortgage for the bungalow I am living in now .

I would imagine it was all above board as he had a stair lift and work done on his bathroom by whoever do that sort of thing and all the selling side was through a solicitor   MM

Good for them, it just needs to be fair for everyone. 

Care should come under health same as NHS.