What was the last film you saw at the cinema

Doc Holliday

Went and saw the new Star Trek film on Saturday. It was fairly well thought out but inconsistant in places.

No drop kicks "a la kirk" which I thought would have been a prerequisite, plus a few other bits which didn't seem to gel. A good-ish film but I think it's merits will come about because of the title.

It felt rushed through in places and because of that I'm going to give it a 6/10 :good:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Star Trek on Sunday.

I agree with the above comments about the film, it has given the brand a new lease of life and it is surprising how good the 'new crew' are in their own way, but also very similar to the 'old crew'. I liked how the original Spock was brought back into it as a token gesture (even if he was in it quiet a few times).

It is going to become a massive marketing / money making series in the future, in fact I bet more films then there has been 'NTWICM' CD's.

8/10

I honestly can't remember. It might have been Shoot 'Em Up.

I used to live just about next door to a Cineworld, but moved away from the hole that is Huntingdon. Strangely I don't go to the cinema much now that I no longer need to escape that particular sorry reality for a few hours.

was it before or after you got married :hmm:

..and did he meet you inside :lol:

Joking asisde it so expensive these days you have to be fairly sure you are not going to see a complete turkey.

BUT if the film is any good it is always better at the flix no matter how good your turbo nutter home cinema setup is (IMO)

Went to see Angels and Demons yesterday, and having not long read the book, which is an ok read...

I was well disapointed. Most of the plot is changed half the main charecters are missing and the film is pretty poor too.

First film was at least a reasonable movie - this is total pants.

Read the book - forget the film...

..and did he meet you inside :hmm:

Joking asisde it so expensive these days you have to be fairly sure you are not going to see a complete turkey.

BUT if the film is any good it is always better at the flix no matter how good your turbo nutter home cinema setup is (IMO)

I agree. You don't have to worry about upsetting the neighbours with mega bass thingy but, in a trade off, you don't get to choose who you sit next to.

Anyway, scores please gentlemen (and ladies). Would be good to know if it's worth seeing. One that does look good is "Drag Me To Hell". A good old fasioned horror flick without all that crummy teenflick gore-fest rubbish to sit through. Haven't had one like this since The Ring (which was still a tad lame but the idea was good).

Can't remember the name of the film, but the opening theme tune goes, "Now the time has come, to see the show of shows..."

Not much of a plot but worth the effort.

That would be the theme to the Electric Blue series of adult action romance films :hmm::lol:

So I have been told however :mad:???

Took my young daughters to see Coraline on Saturday... It was really good for a PG :hmm:

I warned them that it was a bit spooky and my kids were okay with it. It did make them jump a bit.

At least six kids were taken out the cinema because they wouldn't stop crying.