Cheese

Markio

More half drunken threads....

I do enjoy cheese, not massively adventurous but i'm getting there. So what's your favourite cheese, and how do you eat yours...? I'm a walking (or is that sitting) cliché and like mine with a bread board on my lap with lots of red wine and bread (or toast), just starting on the soft blue cheeses. I am my dad.

Edited by Axe
Remove swearing

Different cheeses for different jobs, for instance you would not usually have gorgonzola on toast, cheddar or red leicester work good, but Gorgonzola is great with pasta, or as part of a sauce with meat :) silton really does suit crackers and brie is great on freshly cooked baguettes with ham :yes: they all taste well as a cheese sauce (with a spoonful of mustard mixed in) on cauliflower :lol:

If you like your cheese board then try the 'little black bomber' from snowdonia cheese co :lol::yes::yes: very full flavor, absolutely delicious :good:

https://www.snowdoniacheese.co.uk/default.asp

My favorite ever is one i found in the Netherlands with pineapple in it, the little rings here are far from it.

I look forward the the family Cheshire at christmas which is awesome, in all my fave is Cheshire (strong)

But i like all cheese :yes:

Jon.

We have several regional varieties of Cheddar in the US (New York, Vermont, and Wisconsin). I'm partial to the sharper kind from Vermont myself. Blue is also good as well as VERY sharp Provolone. I tend to stay away from the higher powered cheeses like Swiss and such. Not my thing.

I can eat most cheeses, but I'm not really fussed about "blue" cheese or strong mature cheddar :yes:

I like smooth mild stuff like Emmenthal, Jarlsberg, Gouda, Edam etc

Cheshire is good and I like that Austrian/Bavarian smoked cheese.

Just remembered one that I really don't like, "Cruncher" Cheddar :good: - far too salty :lol:

I went to a game fair once and they had a tent with tasting of sausage, olives and cheese :) They had some very nice fancy cheeses there, I recall one with chilli in it which was a bit good :lol:

Somerset Brie on crispbread with a slice of smoked salmon at Christmas. Most blue cheeses like Stilton and St Augur when I am not boycotting French stuff. Emmenthal. There is a creamy Lanacashire you can buy in Lancaster market hall made in Garstang which is the best ever mild cheese. Dairylea cheese slices and Laughing Cow. I am a mouse when it comes to cheese.