Best bag to date.

john12

Got a call the other day to say the crows where giving a field some real hammer. so decided to have ago with my father. We got to the field around 8am, an i can say i have never seen so many on one field.

There was very little cover just one large bush so my father set up near that i took every net i could find and set up around 60 yards down the field from him with about 12 decoys between us.

They started to come in even before i was ready my father showing me that he was still alot quicker than me! I realy enjoyed the shooting managing to get quiet a few left and rights,those that i missed and there was many seemed to always flick left towards my father. Serval times he came over to ask what i was doing. 3 shots he says and still nothing down i only have my 20g a i can manage.

After lunch they started to slow i think they where getting the idea of what was going on but the large pattern we had now got still kept them coming for alook. Packed up at half one with 244 picked up.If i had shot aswell as my father i do think we could have done 300 but i had a realy good day out with me dad and it was a job well done.

post-20591-0-42250700-1340294711.jpg

Thank you all for your kind words. To tell you the truth was using anything from 7 to 5s I had just got some over runs so it was whatever was in the box. It was mainly just decoys we added dead birds as we got them. I did take the wing bits off my flapper an just use it as a pecker for abit. I could not tell you if it made a difference as they just seemed to come in the same. They where shot over carrots. Yes it was good to get out with me dad,seem to do it less as it get older but really enjoyed the banter. I am sure the crows could hear him laughing as another 3 shots rang out with little falling to the ground