Im Off good bye and good luck all. ( freind and foe alike )

Fisherman Mike

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We agreed on many more things than we disagreed on and I'm sure the same is true with nearly everyone else you interacted with on here. Bit uncomfortable with these goodbye threads based on experiences as a moderator on a fishing website. Nonetheless hope you reconsider and continue to contribute here in the future. ATB.

Take a break and chill out for a while.

Your informed responses help a lot of people out on many subjects other than shooting and I, for one, would miss reading them.

Give it a couple of months and log back in - things will have moved on a lot by then.

Mike, I will be sorry to see you go.

Forums go through different patches, i agree PW is not the same as a year ago, somethings worse some better. Give it a break for a month or so you might find that when you log back on things may be different again hopefully for the better.

If you are going for good hopefully our paths will cross later in life.

Rimmy.

Well Mike, what can I add to what's already been said? I guess if you want to leave then that's fair enough. Keep in touch though - you've got my number if you ever need a hand on the pigeons or with anything else for that matter. I'm sure I'll see you around outside of this place soon enough but your posts will be sadly missed.

Sounds to me like a bit of a 'persuade me to stay' thread. If u no longer find the site usefull then try other forums. Unfortunately all you will get is people like me saying if your gonna go, just go.

No need for a song a dance about it. Pm your mates off here with your contact details and off you go.

All the best

Mike, very sad to read that, you've been a good mate to me and very generous with your time, experience and shooting opportunities. You were one of the first to welcome me and take me out after I moved to Stroud and knew no other local shooters.

I blow hot and cold with the forum and haven't been on much lately. But I'll be back. Sometimes it ****** me off but sometimes its OK. I sometimes get drawn in to virtual spats against my better judgement, but its just the internet. I think part of it is the lack of restraint people would show in the real world. I read the Prince Harry thread with interest, and (I'm afraid) disagreed with your view, which is why I didn't post. I saw some of the others steaming in and getting a little personal in a way they wouldn't if they knew what a gentleman you are in real life. I made a mental note though to pick up the discussion next time we are sat in a hide together :)

Because our friendship has migrated from the virtual world to the real one I'm sure it will continue. Likewise I'm sure the members of the Cotswold camping and gourmet club would be gutted if you didn't stay a member.

Stay safe Mike and keep in touch.

Mike, very sad to read that, you've been a good mate to me and very generous with your time, experience and shooting opportunities. You were one of the first to welcome me and take me out after I moved to Stroud and knew no other local shooters.

I blow hot and cold with the forum and haven't been on much lately. But I'll be back. Sometimes it ****** me off but sometimes its OK. I sometimes get drawn in to virtual spats against my better judgement, but its just the internet. I think part of it is the lack of restraint people would show in the real world. I read the Prince Harry thread with interest, and (I'm afraid) disagreed with your view, which is why I didn't post. I saw some of the others steaming in and getting a little personal in a way they wouldn't if they knew what a gentleman you are in real life. I made a mental note though to pick up the discussion next time we are sat in a hide together :)

Because our friendship has migrated from the virtual world to the real one I'm sure it will continue. Likewise I'm sure the members of the Cotswold camping and gourmet club would be gutted if you didn't stay a member.

Stay safe Mike and keep in touch.

And that BB is a very fair and true reflection,we are all quilty of having spats and saying/postingcomments,we aint all going to agree on everything,i guess the key is not to take it personally.The problem with internet forums some of the comments/posts come across cold,very much like texting,

Mike i think you should continue normal jogging on here mate,BB

I think the PW Cotswold meet could accept one non member in it's get togethers. Mike would be more retired than a non member anyway.

For those who think this is for the attention I feel pretty sure it's not. It's just easier than sending a load of PM's in which you're bound to forget some people. Anyone who needs to contact Mike later can always PM me or Dave with their contact details and we can pass them on to him.

Edited by njc110381

Sounds to me like a bit of a 'persuade me to stay' thread. If u no longer find the site usefull then try other forums. Unfortunately all you will get is people like me saying if your gonna go, just go.

No need for a song a dance about it. Pm your mates off here with your contact details and off you go.

All the best

Aye! reckon you're right. :whistling: :whistling: