Im Off good bye and good luck all. ( freind and foe alike )

Fisherman Mike

I’m off !…I’ve had enough of this forum it’s not what it was… the core element now just seem to want to vilify and criticise other members for their opinion and beliefs. All the decent members seem to have disappeared.

If you can’t have an open forum without it descending into acrimonious mudslinging and personal insults then there’s seriously something wrong in your psychological make up.

I’m sure I will get some negative derogatory comments on this post by members who will just illustrate my point exactly.

Good bye to all the friends I’ve made and to any enemies as well. Anyone who knows me, knows I’m not the sort to bear a grudge so goodbye and good luck to you all.

I would appreciate it if the Moderators would terminate my membership and delete my details from the records forthwith.

Kind regards

Mike.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont leave Rogers Rangers are mid table in the Fantasy football. I think you just need a break. But I do see where your coming from, I think allot of forums have there peak then just fade away maybe its already started.

Anyway goodluck to you and the future my friend.

Mike, I suspect that you have made many a friend and absolutly no foe. The forum is for us to discuss and agree/disagree on numerous subjects, I dont think that anyone has meant any malice towards you. I for one did not and will miss your much appreciated input to the many topics that I have read or taken part in. I wish you well and do hope that you will reconsider.

I have only been on the forum for two months but I have noted your considered views, gathered from experience in the field and other places, with great interest and it is a shame that you are leaving.

Have I missed the reason ie the posts and adverse comments for your decision somewhere?

Shame!

Sorry to hear that Mike. My advice would be not to cancel your account, lie low, take a break and come back after a while and see how it goes. It got real bad about a year ago and the culprits died down for a while. It seems to be gathering momentum again.

Don't let the minority spoil it for the majority!!

Cos

I've seen many posts like this before, and it's clear from the lack of "Bye then, don't let the door slam !" posts that you have the respect of the board. Boards do seem to have a peak, I remember AirgunBBS in 2005, hilarious, but it died when people like you started to leave.

Perhaps you'll feel different in a month and come back occasionally, your account can sit there unused rather than deleted.

All the best.

Not sure if this is related to the discussion over Prince Harry of which i was a fairly vociferous participant. I was and am keen to stress that there was no personal animsosity, I like a lively debate on most things( it's one of the things i like about this site) and woudl be the same if we were sat in a pub or bar. We will always disagree and whilst i might not like what you say, i will always stand up for the right for you to say it.

The practical info is second to none and advice is brilliant.

The thing to bare in mind Mike is 'opinions are like **** holes, everybodys got one'.

Absolutely, the spat in question I guess hits a slight nerve when you have relatives out there doing his previous job, and out there at the moment hence not taking the armchair sceptics view very well.

It would be a shame to see you go FM but usually these look at me I'm going threads are usually short lived and people are back soon after a short break.