Finally completed the portrait of my cocker

oscarsdad

I have out this on before but unfinished. The mrs insisted on watching terrible tv so I found the time to finish it.

Painted on my iPad using an app called Procreate and using a bamboo stylus. Took about 10hours in total I would think. Quite pleased with it and learnt a lot about the tools of the app as I went along.

If you have an iPad and want to start painting on it then I would recommend this app over the others I have tried.

64e10bb67310cdbb49d90380084e5ec7.jpg

Excellent.Some of it looks 'airbrushed';is this the 'tool' you used to produce it?

Can you apply different mediums,to achieve a look akin to pastels, as opposed to oils or acrylics,and use fine 'brushes' to apply details?

This would be a fabulous aid to outdoor sketching as there would be no need for paints,pencils,brushes,water etc.I'm assuming the screen would go crazy like an iphone if it rained though;have you used it outside?

Excellent.Some of it looks 'airbrushed';is this the 'tool' you used to produce it?

Can you apply different mediums,to achieve a look akin to pastels, as opposed to oils or acrylics,and use fine 'brushes' to apply details?

This would be a fabulous aid to outdoor sketching as there would be no need for paints,pencils,brushes,water etc.I'm assuming the screen would go crazy like an iphone if it rained though;have you used it outside?

Thanks for the positive feedback lads.

You can do pretty much anything which you can in real life, paint in oils, acrylic or watercolours, pastels, crayon, pen, ink etc any colour you can imagine and obviously no mess, paint or dust anywhere! You can control the size, loading and pressure of each brush or tool.

This pic was done using just a "pencil", cross hatching the darker areas and then smudging it with the smudge finger tip tool. No airbrush but there is a tool to do that that I may ave a play with.

Using layers you can sketch out the rough outline of what you want then delete that layer when you don't need it.

My iPad has a defender case on it so rain would not damage it but water on the screen would make it respond badly so I would take an umbrella!

Edited by oscarsdad

Thanks for the positive feedback lads.

You can do pretty much anything which you can in real life, paint in oils, acrylic or watercolours, pastels, crayon, pen, ink etc any colour you can imagine and obviously no mess, paint or dust anywhere! You can control the size, loading and pressure of each brush or tool.

This pic was done using just a "pencil", cross hatching the darker areas and then smudging it with the smudge finger tip tool. No airbrush but there is a tool to do that that I may ave a play with.

Using layers you can sketch out the rough outline of what you want then delete that layer when you don't need it.

My iPad has a defender case on it so rain would not damage it but water on the screen would make it respond badly so I would take an umbrella!

Many thanks for the replies Oscarsdad. Sounds like a fabulous bit of kit;it would save me trailing all sorts of gear around.

Edited by Scully