I'm getting married in just over four hours...

njc110381

Well this is it guys. I'm getting married at 2pm today. Still haven't got a clue what to say in my speech but I don't plan on it being a long one. I think it's going to be thank everyone, mrs looks lovely along with her bridesmaids and you can't believe a word that the best man says... That should cover it!

I hate this standing in public lark. We've got the best part of 100 people coming and they're all going to be looking at me. Oh dear! :oops:

Congratulations fella. Keep it simple and short, folks are there to support you and enjoy the food booze and celibrations, they dont want a long lecture either. My speach at my wedding in May just gone lasted all ove sub 60seconds....... I thanked the parents and family for there support, said how beautiful the bride was and how glad we were everyone could make it, I also made sure i got the phrase "My wife and I" in for the first time which got a cheer !

Good luck and enjoy every second as today will go passed so fast you wont belive it.

Good speed :good:

Well this is it guys. I'm getting married at 2pm today. Still haven't got a clue what to say in my speech but I don't plan on it being a long one. I think it's going to be thank everyone, mrs looks lovely along with her bridesmaids and you can't believe a word that the best man says... That should cover it!

I hate this standing in public lark. We've got the best part of 100 people coming and they're all going to be looking at me. Oh dear! :oops:

All the best for this afternoon and onward. :good:

Don't worry about the guests looking at you. Half the guests (male) will be looking at your mrs and envying you. the other half will be looking at her dress and the bridesmaid's, you will be an incidental. :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is some shooting themed stuff at the wedding. My button hole is made in a .338 case, and the box that my wedding ring comes in is an offcut of fore end wood from a H&H shotgun. The ring is a piece of ex Concorde engine titanium that was salvaged when the aircraft was taken out of service. It was made for me by my gunsmith, who over time I have become good friends with. There are quite a lot of sentimental values hidden just in that one little piece.

Speech wise it will certainly be short. I'm trying to get myself into the heads of my guests, many of whom will be sitting there waiting to go to the bar if I ramble on too much! I'm going to near enough give drinking a miss. It makes me tired and I don't want to fall asleep half way through the evening!

Honeymoon will be delayed due to the other half's work, but I'm thinking Africa.

Just tell them! Sorry I gotta go. Got to seal the marriage with a 15 min bed marathon, Then I am off with J dog, for a different kinda shooting. :lol: :lol:

Just relax, thats the trick! If you spend all day thinking about it! You will fluff it. Just speak casually and show your appreciation, to those who attended, helped, made it possible. And most of all, thank your wife!

Oh! And throw out your entire encyclopedia brittanica collection out! Your wife will apparently know EVERYTHING so you no longer need them ;)

All the best mate :) best thing you'll do! I got married last year had a speech written, ended up binning it and just saying what i felt :good: