travel to permissions

nderfel

I was just wondering how many of you folk have to travel to shoot? I didn't know if I was in the minority with 2 shoots, 1 is 2 hours drive away and the other 3

Shooting in Dorset is hard to come by, plenty of it but its all sown up, I have tried all the tricks but no luck so far

Thursday I am at a permission in Somerset and Saturday shooting pheasant in Sussex but hey ho, I'd rather drive and shoot than not shoot at all

wow 2 & 3 hrs away you are dedicated sorry but there is no chance I would drive that far I just couldn't bring myself to do it

good on you though :good:

I drive 4 hrs to Weymouth which must be near you sort of, to my boat but that's a bit different, well I think it is :lol:

Edited by shawn9914

you lot are making me jealous :) constantly on the hunt for something local to me but it just hasn't come up. It definitely takes its toll petrol money wise and weekend time with the family, plus getting there for dawn can be a ball ache

Just goes to show that you love shooting, it's good to know that people go to such lengths for their sport :good:

I live and work in the same village and have all permissions within 3 miles.....it means I can always pop out for a reccie to monitor pigeon activity. This has the benefit that I regularly meet the farmers so they see I am regularly keeping a look out for pigeons and if I see an unexpected opportunity I can grab the kit, get out and have a shoot. If I had a 2 hour drive I would be well p***ed off with a poor day.

24 mls twice a week.Tend to be there all day.Ferret then lunch then finish of in the roost.During harvest I am usually there from 6pm to around 4pm covering both farms combination of driving stubble with the lamp(so driving continues even when I am thare) also do a couple of hrs on foot with the NV.Always have the stove in the motor with plenty of tea bags and pot noodles.I absolutely love it, I am so privledged to have this freedom.

Edited by Davyo

If I take 12 paces from my back door I am on my nearest , my furthest is around 10 mins away !

same except mine is the front door as the canal is at the back door lol

24 mls twice a week.Tend to be there all day.Ferret then lunch then finish of in the roost.During harvest I am usually there from 6pm to around 4pm covering both farms combination of driving stubble with the lamp(so driving continues even when I am thare) also do a couple of hrs on foot with the NV.Always have the stove in the motor with plenty of tea bags and pot noodles.I absolutely love it, I am so privledged to have this freedom.

dedication 6 pm till 4 pm

I have shooting right here but mostly travel unless there is an issue with vermin. cutting back at the end of this season though 40 miles max, further than that and you cannot get a feel for the place or do many reccy visits and fuel costs as they are it gets expensive if you go much