Cost to Fill up / Miles per tank

jloc

Hi Folks,

Going to be in the market for a pickup later in the year so just starting to do a bit of research.

Thought it might be a good starting point to find out actual fuel running costs for different vehicles rather than manufacturers stated costs.

Currently own Freelander 1 - TD4 Auto Diesel 2004

Last fill £78 and getting around 400 miles per tank so costing me 19.5p per mile on day to day use

Anyone else up for putting some figures up???

Cheers

J

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Isuzu D-max does 30 mpg on its winter tyres and 36 on the standard Bridgestones that it came with. Going to be taking the winter tyres off very soon. It will do 40000 miles on a set of tyres. If you are registered for vat you may be able to get a 20% rebate on the price of fuel, which beats chasing around for a few pence better price per litre. I am doing 25000+ per year. Brilliant vehicle to drive.

2013 Ford Ranger 3.2 Manual

First 5500 miles on the clock and, I've had an average return of 27mpg.

On a long motorway run, if I hold it steady at 60mph and, feather the throttle, I can tease out up to 34mpg. Once I take it up to 70 or, more that comes crashing down and, a more realistic motorway cruising mpg is probably around the 24-25mpg mark. It really hits you in the wallet if you try to push this six foot tall six foot wide lump around too quickly - a small increase in speed is quickly reflected in the mpg stats.

HonestJohn has a database of 'real' consumption figures based on user feedback: http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/realmpg/ Might be worth using this data in the mix.

It's a pretty good website with regards to buying 2nd hand vehicles too as he includes any known issues or recall information for particular models.

That list is pretty accurate I'd say judging by some of the cars I have direct experience of but tempted to eat my hat if a 2013 Range Rover TDV6 does 39.4 mpg. :rolleyes::hmm: