The Difference a Day Makes

bunny_blaster

I had the day off today so headed back out to the bean drillings I shot on Sunday. As I said in my last photo the birds were very spooky and I struggled to make a decent bag, today was a bit different. The birds, after a few changes to the pattern and a long lull did come in fairly well. I didn't bother with the magnet but started with 12 real birds, 9 stand ups and 3 landers. With the help of a few passing helicopters and the farm sprayer going about its business the birds were kept on the move and kept me shooting most of the afternoon. I packed up at 4 as the birds had stopped moving and the farmer came to see how I got on. I finished with 121 pigeon and 2 crows picked.

Cheers

Ben

photo-2.jpg

That's a cracking bag Ben :good: Just shows that despite the whirlys, floaters, flappers, peckers etc, if you follow the pigeon gods, PC and Jdog with the "old school" setup, you have the best chance of a decent day :yes:

I don't think there is any more chance of a good day without using modern gadgets. Anyway, the two blokes mentioned use magnets.

I don't think there is any more chance of a good day without using modern gadgets. Anyway, the two blokes mentioned use magnets.

I would disagree Motty. Look back over recent posts and how many say that the whirly was making them flare off, tried moving it etc. I personally don't think there is any substitute for real birds, and if the birds are expecting to feed there, real birds are more confidence giving. The OP didn't use a whirly on this occasion, and I can't think of any recent post where the artificial equipment has come anywhere equal to those that have used real birds. Just my view :yes: