Benefits Britain:Life on the dole

Sha Bu Le

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I watched some of it and couldn't help noticing what a fine looking chap he is.

Its no wonder all those beautiful young women, one nearly the same age as his daughter couldn't resist him.

I had to turn it over as I felt so sorry and upset that their house was too small.

If only I had their address so I could send them a few quid out of my pension.

Do you really blame them for taking advantage of a stupid system that pays them more than working?

My Mrs and I worked out that they are better off than us and we both work full time, we pay for everything including a mortgage and have less money to spend, the difference is self respect I suppose but some of those people don't leave home and they get more than us to live on!

Blame the system, not the people.

FACT-woman with 5 kids from different fathers brings one of them to our local school every day in an M3-because she "likes" the school-when her last car broke down the council paid for a taxi for the child for over a month. She bought a Boxer dog for £800 and gave it to a friend of mine after 6 months because she didn't have the time to walk it-she was evicted from a 4 bed bungalow in our village and is waiting to move into a brand new 4 bed in a local village-in fact she spent last week shopping for new furniture as her current ones are "nearly 4 years old" !! She worked for half a day last year but didn't like it so she simply lives on the state-she was reported last year for posting pictures of herself and her new man fishing everyday on Facebook but then developed a nasty limp that required crutches and many trips to many hospitals ( no conditions were found) and now that the investigation seems to be a thing of the past her limp has vanished and she spends most of her time fishing again. She has no shame and is very open about where her money comes from but has no intention of ever working. By contrast ,my friend (the guy she gave the dog to) works over 60 hours a week and cannot afford to even rent a flat in our village-this country is messed up :no: .

What do you think should happen? I am not asking who is at fault, I am asking for suggestions as to what anyone can do about it. They seem to believe that it is the society that is at fault when they do not get what 'they are entitled to' (as the guy in Ipswich and the isle of Wight sex machine say, why should their children not have xbox and all other luxuries everyone else has?). They do not want to work and think that this is OK, and to criticise them for expanding their family well beyond to what you and I would ever afford to with our salaries (but do it with a portion of ours) is 'out of order' and to punish us they 'might have another one'.

So what can the state do? Sterilize them? Lobotomise them? cut/stop their benefits if they can work but chose not to?

P.S: Did any of you noticed that the guy in Ipswich filled a baby bottle with coca cola and gave it to one of his offspring?

FACT-woman with 5 kids from different fathers brings one of them to our local school every day in an M3-because she "likes" the school-when her last car broke down the council paid for a taxi for the child for over a month. She bought a Boxer dog for £800 and gave it to a friend of mine after 6 months because she didn't have the time to walk it-she was evicted from a 4 bed bungalow in our village and is waiting to move into a brand new 4 bed in a local village-in fact she spent last week shopping for new furniture as her current ones are "nearly 4 years old" !! She worked for half a day last year but didn't like it so she simply lives on the state-she was reported last year for posting pictures of herself and her new man fishing everyday on Facebook but then developed a nasty limp that required crutches and many trips to many hospitals ( no conditions were found) and now that the investigation seems to be a thing of the past her limp has vanished and she spends most of her time fishing again. She has no shame and is very open about where her money comes from but has no intention of ever working. By contrast ,my friend (the guy she gave the dog to) works over 60 hours a week and cannot afford to even rent a flat in our village-this country is messed up :no: .

I know of a story quite similar.

A 'doley' my girlfriend knows, was upset that his benefits were going to be stopped. To stop this predicament, he purposely got his leg run over by a car (and subsequently removed) so now doesn't have to work. He got £250,000 compensation (!!!!!!!) for losing his leg, got given a car specced out for a disabled driver and receives more benefit now that he ever did.

Something has got to be done about these people!

I have recorded these programmes, but i am yet to watch them. I know it will make me angry.

Unfortunately you have to blame yourselves for voting in the idiots that can't give the bone idle enough cash fast enough. I can see the point for those truly deserving cases, unfortunately there is plenty of carp out there who feel they are entitled to wads of cash without working. I sometimes think that the politicians are playing a sick prank to see how much they can push the hard working publics buttons.

It's the something for nothing culture and currently there is too much of a disconnect between "work and money".

Now it's all about free money, state money or easy money by going two's up with a footballer and selling your story to the tabloids. Collectively we appear to lend our support to this culture and feed it.

I think the answer has to be to get state assistance everyone has to do something no matter how small in order to get a draw. A baby step would be to make any long term unemployed take a shower, get dressed and get their benefits daily - that's what everyone who works has to do to get paid. It's not that outrageous a concept. Also the habit of getting up early and at a regular time is conducive to getting and holding a job.

LOL! I only saw the trailers, but did think how can they be so poor when they obviously have such a surplus of food.

I watched for about 15 minutes and that was enough. A dismal pageant of congenital stupidity, idleness, squalor and human pointlessness. And all of them as far as I could see, obscenely fat. A strange symptom of poverty.

Ny neighbour, a senior social worker, has written to IDS suggesting kids should not be funded by benefits ie if you want to breed you have to work to fund the little dears. He did concede max of two kids initially but them phase out payments. This is a guy who sees the sharpe end of state-funded over-breeding so has a valid point. Personally we, wife and I have worked all our lives, paid taxes, had *****r out of the state and even now in retirement continue to pay taxes INCLUDING my beaters wages!!!!!

If everybody who has posted on here took the time to email the relevant body in the government stating exactly what they have posted on here, as there are some extremely valid and pertinent points being made, then perhaps those responsible for policy may begin to realise the strength of resentment and an awakening of unacceptability which is growing in this country. Our politicians are responsible for creating this mess, but until there is a drastic upsurge from the general public then the status quo will remain (and we all know they're far too old to continue playing carp music) :) Just a thought.

The worrying thing is the rate they breed at, "normal people" will be in the minority in no time and the chav gene will be dominant.

Exactly...homo sapiens in the UK are almost becoming a divergent species and this new underclass is devolving and as you say since they have nothing to do they just breed like rabbits and produce more just like them...supported by our taxes giving them state handouts whilst those of us who can support ourselves in the modern world by working can't afford the time or the money yo produce such large litters...you only have to watch programmes like this and Jeremy kyle to see that the level of intelligence in these communities is getting lower and lower...what evolutionary advantage does intelligence provide when you are housed and fed for free? None whatsoever so the lazy and stupid thrive and reproduce and soon they will outnumber normal people - but then who will earn the money to pay the taxes to support the feckless hoardes?

Edited by oscarsdad

A baby step would be to make any long term unemployed take a shower, get dressed and get their benefits daily - that's what everyone who works has to do to get paid. It's not that outrageous a concept. Also the habit of getting up early and at a regular time is conducive to getting and holding a job.

I'm currently spending my time lying around watching tv, including Jeremy Kyle. It's so easy to get into a rut and lose motivation to get out and about. Encouraging people to get up, get dressed and get out can only be beneficial.