boxing day for pigeons

fieldcraft

Iove going out on boxing day for woodies with my dad, bacon sandwich and on our way. There's always loads of pigeons and crows around with all the farms locally having there big pheasant shoots so birds are on the move all day long. Anyone else out

A couple of hours before sunset.......looking forward to it

I'll be on the road at 6am Boxing Day off to Wales ( good job I don't drink)

Having the morning on the woodcock bringing my mate back to mine, beating the following day

Then a couple of days on the rape I hope the pigeon oblige ?

At least I have a couple of hundred extra acres to go at after dropping a bottle of plonk off to one of my farmers

For about the last 35 years I've been out doing some sort of shooting on Boxing day but Not this year. As the girls have grown and they all now have partners Ect it just happens that they are all coming to us on Boxing day. I did suggest to some of the boys to bring their guns and we could go for a round of clays in the morning but the women have all banned us from going out because the say "yeah, we know your quick round of clays". You'll go out and not come back until 4 in the afternoon and that will be the day ruined and your dinner will be in the dog. perhaps we will be able to get out the next day.

Edited by fortune

well I was gonna have a look , but just remembered the Hunt will be bombing about , cant believe I forgot about that , so I will leave it till sat ,

but good luck to all that are going out .