Is shooting and gun ownership the most important issue in your agenda?

Psyxologos

In the many election threads in the off topic section, I have read some people's response and explanation as to why they will be voting for one political party/politician or another being centered around the party's policy on shooting and gun ownership. I was wondering what the general consensus is on that. Would you put shooting and gun ownership above and before any other issue and vote in the General Election based solely on this issue? I personally find other issues far more important than that. Shooting is just one thing I do, whereas the Economy, Education, Health and the Environment for example I consider to have a far more profound and serious impact on my life and the lives of those I love. Opinions please...

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the things on your list are important to me and I weigh them all up. Shooting is not my MOST important consideration when voting, but it is one of them. Any party that is openly hostile to shooting, likely to legislate against it or wants it banned (as the Greens do) will never get the time of day from me, much less my vote

Edited by Blunderbuss

All the things on your list are important to me and I weight them all up. Shooting is not my MOST important consideration when voting, but it is one of them. Any party that is openly hostile to shooting, likely to legislte against it wants it banned (as the Greens do) will never get the time of day, much less my vote

That's how I feel too. Many thanks for your answer!

My first priority is the economy and the welfare of my family , without which I would not have the means for shooting anyway.

I feel that only one party is going to be much use for seeing to that so they will be getting my vote.

Apart from my kids being happy,civil liberties and my freedom to shoot are my next highest priority and yes i do vote for the most pro gun party.we all get screwed on everything else no matter how you vote anyway so being able to shoot and have fun are what keeps me going if you know what i mean.

Thanks for the contribution, but I asked about shooting and gun ownership. Unless in your mind the two are connected...

Your question was about whether shooting and gun ownership was important to me with the up and coming general election, I posted what is top of my agenda!

Some sound responses above but as an immigrant, I am pro immigration to the max ..... Farage will not be getting my vote

Doesn't really answer the question about shooting does it?

Personally speaking which party supports shooting is fairly high on my list, but other things do take priority. The NHS, security, policing and employment are more important.

As an immigrant myself, I shall be voting for King Nige. :good:

Doesn't really answer the question about shooting does it?

Personally speaking which party supports shooting is fairly high on my list, but other things do take priority. The NHS, security, policing and employment are more important.

As an immigrant myself, I shall be voting for King Nige. :good:

What even at the risk of being repatriated?........gobble gobble :lol::lol:

Some sound responses above but as an immigrant, I am pro immigration to the max ..... Farage will not be getting my vote

I am not against immigration, but the scale on which it has been happening MUST stop.

On the other point, I would only vote for a party that is pro field sports.

i've given up trying to vote for a party that says it'll do good for the country, nhs, economy etc.

instead i'm doing what the politicians do - what is good for ME.

So, with that in mind any party that is against firearms/hunting is immediately ignored.

so yeah, leave pretty much UKIP left to vote for, lol.

Shooting and field sports are very high on my agenda.

Here, where I live and try to make ends meet, hunting and shooting generate hundreds of thousands of pounds into the local economy. Without them, our rural economy for one, would suffer badly.

So, as someone who loves to hunt and shoot and benefit from a buoyant rural economy, a pro and sympathetic fieldsports government is a must.

Any party who was against would not get my vote.