Who else fell in the Apple trap?

Davyo

Well after getting myself the iPhone last year,I ended up having to go out and get the wife one within a week as we couldn't Bluetooth ect,we are now the gullible owners of a load of Apple ****.First we couldn't down load photos on to our desk top computer (HP) & tablets (Samsung).So we convinced ourselves we needed a iMac and a couple of iPads.Cant do jack **** on the iMac,it's not like my old computer where I had no bother navigating around it.Apple seem to just make everything over complicated ( for me anyhow),since downloading the latest update bloody photos have ended up all over the shop looks like a totally difference album/ **** thing.

Even went into Apple In the Metro to see if they could show me some basic stuff,young guy might as well of been speaking in a foreign language ,came out with a headache lol.Anyhow been in the loft and pulled out the old HP & about 10 miles of cables.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You must be wired up wrongly. For most people you get apple kit, take it out of box and it works. It's intuitive. There are some people whose brains are not wired up the same way (I am not saying you are thick, just different) and it doesn't work for them.

You can go online and watch tutorials on anything to do with macs. As soon as you get used to it PC will be a swear word. I've had both and use both Mac all the way for me. Absolutely hate windows machines, beer ones are becoming more Mac like in the operating systems.

You must be wired up wrongly. For most people you get apple kit, take it out of box and it works. It's intuitive. There are some people whose brains are not wired up the same way (I am not saying you are thick, just different) and it doesn't work for them.

Yeah works for me, trying to go back to windows or android is real difficult, just don't find those systems as intuitive

And windows is plagued with malware type carp

The future is bright, the future is Apple. :good:

Started with Apple, made the mistake of going to Microsoft because kids school were on it. They still are but I'm back on Apple; kids and me are all now on iPhones.

None of us will go back.

Yep plus one

The only thing that screws my iMac up is .....…… Microsoft word, (heap of **** that everyone sends me)

Only have for school stuff

Typing this on an iPad,it's only good for reading forums and papers, it just won't interact with anything else in a simple way .i used iphoes from 3 to 4s and then went android ,will never buy another iPhone.the only thing I would consider is a Mac for my photos,but at the prices they charge I will continue with Microsoft,as to the being plagued with malware ****,that's not my experience,at one time in my house there were 3 laptops 1 notepad and a main computer,none had any malware that affected the machines,it is the same as anything else ,be sensible and use protection.

Actually I think Apple is overpriced rubbish that has an op system that is worse than Windows with a brick through the right pane!

The good thing about apple is the fact that you can jailbreak em and do what you like with them thus like a rifle ya won't stop adding bits and tinkering and their no braking the law just for testing people software as long as if you like it you buy it plus I never use iTunes their are easier programs out their that will put stuff on and off your apple pads and phones

Recently hooked my 92 yo father in law up to an iPad and he loves it. We've grandkids in USA who he now email and face times them. Took him a while to adjust to 8hr time difference so got them out of bed a few times but hey HO! We are all Apple users including our disabled lad - he has learning difficulties! Perhaps there is a message here.

If you think like a PC you will struggle with a MAC, by that I mean in a PC everything is stored in an endless sequence of folders and sub folders which in a MAC unless you create them yourself, everything is filed by file type, photos go in the photo file and documents go in the document file.

Personally I think MAC are way better as everything comes through the same company whereas everyone has a hand in PC stuff hence all the hangs and crashes

Had apple for 5yrs now, Phones Desktop, Laptop, I use Microsoft at work for 12hrs a day 7dys a week like I'm doing now for a month at a time and I cant wait to get back to Apple.

Give yourself enough time and you will never go back, also Apple will train you on their equipment for free if you buy it from an Apple store, or they do where I stay.

You can always ask Siri if your stuck!

As a younger, and relatively tech-savvy person, every piece of hardware I have is Apple, including an iPhone, two iPads and a MacBook. You get used to the smoothness of Apple devices, and although they may not be perfect for everyone, they are for me, and it's safe to say that my whole work depends on Apple devices.

My mum bought herself a HP laptop, and it was only around £100 cheaper than a MacBook, and it is absolutely attrocious. It takes about 5 minutes to load, and just feels so sticky and cumbersome, conpared to a silky-smooth Mac.

I have two gripes with Apple, and that's that they change things they don't have to, such as the new charger on the MacBook, clearly trying to lull people into buying their new products. Secondly, when you go to an Apple shop, if you want to buy something, you don't need an appointment, whereas if you need something repairing, suddenly you need an appointment to see a "genius".

I admire apple stuff get depressed about the price difference and would love to leave and try android but apple just keeps on working

and to date no slow down and blue screen.

The only other gripe is my fantastic I pad 1 has reached the age when updates don't . So may have to go update. I phone 5 good as was 3 iPhone 4 great gadget **** phone .

All my PC's were knackered in a year slow riddled with viruses and ****, and I always had a good firewall but they all seem to fail.

So if you want to sell ill take your rubbish of your hands !!

Keep in there and you might end up liking them. Oh if you get the right apple drone they explain quite well if you get the wrong one not only different language different DNA.

Good luck

John.

The one good thing about Apple is there is always some other mug to palm your out of date kit onto.

I have lots of Apple stuff but got a bit miffed last week when I bought the lad a new Retina 12" Macbook and then had to pay and extra £60 to use the USB port.

Edited by Freakmode

I will continue with Microsoft,as to the being plagued with malware ****,that's not my experience,at one time in my house there were 3 laptops 1 notepad and a main computer,none had any malware that affected the machines,it is the same as anything else ,be sensible and use protection.

That's the point, we run 3 Apple devices as they came, no need for extra security and daily downloads to update the security software to 'meet' the latest threat (it never exceeds only meets yesterday's threat), apple work, glitch and bug free, whereas the little used laptop on windows 8:1 is just a virus trap every time it hits the Internet something new is picked up, the big name bought and paid for anti virus fails and usually mbam sorts it out, I couldn't live with it on a daily basis..... It'd be like a scene from Burnley Dave but with the laptop substituting doors .....

Actually I think Apple is overpriced rubbish that has an op system that is worse than Windows with a brick through the right pane!

The electronic design of the apple kit, as well as the aesthetics, is really top drawer stuff. It is maybe expensive relative to other products, but to call it rubbish is utter and total nonsense.

There are fan boys for both Apple and Microsoft and a bit like the Beretta v's Browning or BMW v's Merc or whatever there will always be some people who are swayed by the brand and not the substance.

Microsoft Windows is the absolute epitome of appallingly bad software engineering. Same holds true for their pc operating environments all the way through to servers and phones. The product is absolutely riddled with bugs and sticking plasters and operates around a legacy core that is 30 years old.

Apple's OS is not without faults, no operating system is, but Microsoft should follow the lead that Apple took when launching OS X and start again from scratch.

The design may be top notch but you are paying through the nose with it and it has not been without it's problems either (speaking as someone with experience in the graphic design industry I should know about melting Mac Books). The operating system has had quite a few problems as well, it was designed to be run by people with no prior knowledge of computing and sometimes behaves as if was written by people with no prior knowledge of computing either! But because Apple computers are only sold by Apple you will always be paying over the odds as there is no competition to bring prices down unlike the price of Windows, Android or Linux operating system machines...

Edited by secretagentmole

Between the wife and I we have, I think, one Mac, three IPads, one IPod touch, two iPods, two iPod nanos and two IPhone 6's - I've had iPhones since the very first one they did.

I'm a fan - everything works very well indeed for us