Goodbye London

throttlemonkey

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good luck to you. I always admire people willing to up sticks and start something new it's a brave step

Just noticed your location. About 20 years ago I was an apprentice then qualified mechanic at that Nissan garage in wallington. Don't think it's Nissan anymore.

Geyfords? Edited by throttlemonkey

I made inquires last year while over my brothers place in Spain , I was told you need to get a Spanish licence if your living there .This involves a written test in Spanish ...BUT ,was then told if you have your British ticket they normally just issue you a Spanish one ..their is a fee ..

• 4 months later...

Ok finally here in Baza haven't seen a cloud for a week! Marv my ESS thinks all his Christmases have come at once he's swapped tree rat for mountain hare, I've swapped British Gas for wood burning stoves Thames water for well water (free) view of Croydon for 360 degree mountain view. A 5 year old girl that sings all the time rather than whinging all the time, my sgc converts to 12 weapons shotgun and .22 r/f a reservoir 10 mins away with fish as big as cars a very strong flight line over my top field the list is endless

TM

Sounds like you are settling in well. :good:

Some photos would be good.

When I have found my camera charger and set up my pc and learned how to post pics on P W I will . Pigeon watch over here is paloma torcas they leash a live woodie to a pole as a magnet! Or put a partridge In a partridge size cage to call in don't know how I feel about that yet

• 2 years later...

Almost Three years now since the 3 of us waved goodbye to London and relocated in Baza,Granada,España.

Our rural farmhouse b&b is starting to take off, with visitors all year round.Now growing all our own veg,chicks,turkeys,rabbits,ducks,RLpartridge.Have collected,goats,pigs,a crippled donkey, a circus pony, and a 300 kg castrated boar that took six men to despatch, and butcher. he kept us well fed for over six months.

Bella, my youngest daughter was five years old(the three oldest girls we left behind in the UK) and was thrown in at the deep end at school, is now fluent in Castillano, and English, and now learning French. The teachers speak no English, and use her to teach the younger British kids Spanish. I've told her to charge for her time.She has 12 acres to play,cycle,Quad, horse ride,hunt lizards bats mice , mushrooms,insects,and is always occupied, and always smiling.

The fish in the lake, are as big as busses,wild boar have replaced the London city foxes, but taste much better!and can ride or drive off road all day long without crossing tarmac or seeing anyone.

It's been an uphill struggle,but well worth the effort 😀

8 minutes ago, throttlemonkey said:

Almost Three years now since the 3 of us waved goodbye to London and relocated in Baza,Granada,España.

Our rural farmhouse b&b is starting to take off, with visitors all year round.Now growing all our own veg,chicks,turkeys,rabbits,ducks,RLpartridge.Have collected,goats,pigs,a crippled donkey, a circus pony, and a 300 kg castrated boar that took six men to despatch, and butcher. he kept us well fed for over six months.

Bella, my youngest daughter was five years old(the three oldest girls we left behind in the UK) and was thrown in at the deep end at school, is now fluent in Castillano, and English, and now learning French. The teachers speak no English, and use her to teach the younger British kids Spanish. I've told her to charge for her time.She has 12 acres to play,cycle,Quad, horse ride,hunt lizards bats mice , mushrooms,insects,and is always occupied, and always smiling.

The fish in the lake, are as big as busses,wild boar have replaced the London city foxes, but taste much better!and can ride or drive off road all day long without crossing tarmac or seeing anyone.

It's been an uphill struggle,but well worth the effort 😀

Brilliant. 

How funny that this post has turned up again! I just re-read my comment when you first posted back in 2015. At the time we had moved-on from Málaga and settled in Ibiza.

Now three years later I am sat on a hotel bed in Barça having moved back to the UK with a three year old who was born in Ibiza!

We will definitely move back to Spain again in a few years and almost certainly to Andalucía.

I know exactly how it benefits the kids having lived there with one and acquiring another along the way.

Pleased it’s going well for you, you’re in a fantastic part of the World, one I love more than any other!