Ashley Madison website, anyone use it?

malkiserow

One of the new female SNP MPs had her email address as part of the released data, but it is claimed that it was used falsely.

It is something like 30+ million users so although there will be many feeling nervous 1 in 30 odd million is massive (the lottery is 1 in 14m) so they will have to be hugely unlucky to be found out unless someone is specifically searching for an address.

An absolutely despicable site

Why?

Does the site promote infidelity or does it just facilitate the inevitable?

If people were content in a relationship does the existence of that site change that and somehow tempt people onto the dark side?

I would suggest that it may make things easier for those that had already decided to follow that path, but the decision is theirs and not the sites.

It is a symptom and not the cause.

The people who stole data from the site and then published that data are despicable, whether or not anybody may believe adultery is bad, stealing personal data and publishing that indiscriminately is, to my mind at least, a far greater problem.

Self appointed moral guardians who have a flagrant disregard for the law or for privacy are no better than any that they seek to expose and abuse.

Why?

If people were content in a relationship does the existence of that site change that and somehow tempt people onto the dark side?

I would suggest that it may make things easier for those that had already decided to follow that path, but the decision is theirs and not the sites.

The people who stole data from the site and then published that data are despicable, whether or not anybody may believe adultery is bad, stealing personal data and publishing that indiscriminately is, to my mind at least, a far greater problem.

Self appointed moral guardians who have a flagrant disregard for the law or for privacy are no better than any that they seek to expose and abuse.[/quote

Spot on ... and no I'm not on the site !

Edited by moose man

Why?

Self appointed moral guardians who have a flagrant disregard for the law or for privacy are no better than any that they seek to expose and abuse.

Stuff that. If my wife was regularly having affairs, I'd want to know about it.

Why?

Spot on imho.

Why?

No offence GR and certainly no moral judgement but you come across as an irate subscriber! :rolleyes:

Stuff that. If my wife was regularly having affairs, I'd want to know about it.

No you wouldn’t, ‘Ignorance is bliss’, don’t they say? Well married bliss maybe! :whistling:

My GF works for a private defence company and a few of the highly paid super intelligent people there were clever enough to use their work emails.

Being a cheater also involves affairs that can be used to blackmail you and means you are an untrustworthy person.

She does security and clearance and reckons there's going to be a few dismissals over this one.

My GF works for a private defence company and a few of the highly paid super intelligent people there were clever enough to use their work emails.

Being a cheater also involves affairs that can be used to blackmail you and means you are an untrustworthy person.

She does security and clearance and reckons there's going to be a few dismissals over this one.

Maybe so, but I'll bet there'll also be a few massive payouts over the dismissals in this "human rights" age.

No offence GR and certainly no moral judgement but you come across as an irate subscriber! :rolleyes:

No offence taken and i'm not a subscriber, irate or otherwise.

I see it as no different to LACS activists hacking this forum or a similar site and supplying personal details publicly in order to try and persecute the people on this site.

The hackers have decided that they should be the moral guardians based on their own value system and do not care about the consequence of their actions.

Just for the sake of clarity, my previous post did not defend or support adultery, what I did say was that people who are content to abuse the law and the reasonable right to individual privacy to pursue their own moral agenda is completely unacceptable to me.

Interesting that you have chosen to remark on my comments as you did, but not altogether surprising.

I tried to sign up for it, but got onto Laura Ahshley.

Do you have a nice pair of chintz curtains now :) Edited by grrclark

I think most people that think its a "disgusting" or despicable" site are prude idiots that are mostly jealous of other people enjoying themselves, who are they to judge what people get upto in there day to day lives? Thats site was not just for people to have affairs, and so what if it was. Know one should should have the right to poke there very large morel horse nose in anybody elses business.

Was it really for genuine people looking for affairs or was it wall to wall with hookers and gold diggers looking for sad desperate men to prey on?

if I didn,t have such a wonderful wife,,,, I might of used the site myself,

well at least I could of been like father Christmas,,,,,,,,,emptying my sack :lol::lol: :lol: :lol:

on a serious note, if people wish to use these sites then that's their private business,they should be left alone, people who give out their details are imo doing this for their own gain

I found all the reports quite funny on this with people saying the members got what they deserved totally missing the point a supposidly well protected international website has been hacked and only a matter of time till they do the next one.... Without the moral ******** to cover them.

In this day and age there are plenty of other websites and apps with its members main intentions being a one night stand or something with no strings attached so plenty of ways for married people to have an affair.

No offence taken and i'm not a subscriber, irate or otherwise.

I see it as no different to LACS activists hacking this forum or a similar site and supplying personal details publicly in order to try and persecute the people on this site.

The hackers have decided that they should be the moral guardians based on their own value system and do not care about the consequence of their actions.

Just for the sake of clarity, my previous post did not defend or support adultery, what I did say was that people who are content to abuse the law and the reasonable right to individual privacy to pursue their own moral agenda is completely unacceptable to me.

Interesting that you have chosen to remark on my comments as you did, but not altogether surprising.

"An Immorality"

Ezra Pound

Sing we for love and idleness.

Naught else is worth the having.

Though I have been in many a land.

There is naught else in living.

And I would rather have my sweet.

Though rose-leaves die of grieving.

Than do high deeds in Hungary.

To pass all men's believing.

:)