God save the Queen

Lampwick

Much as I respect the Queen for her attitude, dedication and steadfastness, I don't think we need celebrate the [not unexpected] fact that she has remained alive. The series of events that led to her early ascension were entirely out of her control and we, as modern humans, live longer now than in any time in human history, so really it's of historical note rather than national celebration.

I don't begrudge anyone waving flags or ringing bells though :good:

Maybe as a thank you for all the money she has received from her "subjects" she could make a donation of ten million to the poor and needy ?

I think the Royal Family are one of the major attractions for visitors to come to the UK and spend loads of money. Certainly anytime I'm in London, millions love to see if they can catch a glimpse. And the Americians positively idolise the Royal Family when they come here. Superb money making gig for UK plc.....

So your comment above sounds a little sad.

Much as I respect the Queen for her attitude, dedication and steadfastness, I don't think we need celebrate the [not unexpected] fact that she has remained alive. The series of events that led to her early ascension were entirely out of her control and we, as modern humans, live longer now than in any time in human history, so really it's of historical note rather than national celebration.

I don't begrudge anyone waving flags or ringing bells though :good:

Surely, there was only one event that lead to her early ascension and that was the death of her father.

I think the Royal Family are one of the major attractions for visitors to come to the UK and spend loads of money. Certainly anytime I'm in London, millions love to see if they can catch a glimpse. And the Americians positively idolise the Royal Family when they come here. Superb money making gig for UK plc.....

So your comment above sounds a little sad.

Well said

Fielddweller

Maybe as a thank you for all the money she has received from her "subjects" she could make a donation of ten million to the poor and needy ?

Would you, as a relative youngster, give up your life for any amount of money. She did, willingly, for you.

Love her and don't forget lads (and lasses) she loves our sport. Talk to any foreign tourist and in the majority of cases it is the Royal Family they are coming here to see. She more than pays her way. When latest babe born to Wills and Kate hotel receipts in London rose sharply (£15m) and how much do we think they paid on air fares, food, souvenirs etc etc.

Liz is a big part of the reason we are still 'Great' - eat your heart out Nicola Fishface.