Neighbour's fence.

Asa Bear

Will it not be written in the title deeds who is responsible for wot? In scotland u generally responsible 50/50 unless otherwise stated, i thinki eng u often are responsible 100% for 1 side and neighbour does ur other? How u actually enforce it could be a different story. Possibly cost more than paying for the fence in the 1st place.

13 years is not very long for a tinber panel to last esp when not on the ground, do u not treat the panels?

As for the trees, yes u can cut any overhanging braches back to the boundry but u must give them all the cuttings back as would be classed as theft, same as u take an apple of an overhanging branch=theft, u pick an apple of same tree that is lying on the ground OK

Pretty sure u cannae charge the neighbours for the work, or it would be happening all the time causeing big fallouts.

But be careful if u trim a tree to hard and damage/kill it u could be classed as laible, if u get into the whole trees/roots and law whole books have been written about it so not really that straight forward. A good tree surgeon sould keep u right or for advice look on Arbtalk forum

It is worth looking at the deeds if the houses are relatively recent. One of ours requires us to maintain certain fences whilst the neighbours are obliged to maintain others. Covenants can be a pain at times but in other cases it helps to know exactly who is responsible for what.

You asked them to repair the fence they are responsible for, they refused, an animal got in and killed the rabbit they were responsible for, through the very fence they didn't want to fix.

If it were me they could get stuffed. If they want to be arsey then I wouldn't think you'd miss much by them not talking to you.

Totally agree with this.

You asked them to repair the fence they are responsible for, they refused, an animal got in and killed the rabbit they were responsible for, through the very fence they didn't want to fix.

If it were me they could get stuffed. If they want to be arsey then I wouldn't think you'd miss much by them not talking to you.

How to get your dog put down in one easy lesson.

Edited by rodp

It's not always clear who is responsible for which boundary though, our deeds don't mention it at all but allowing your dog to go into someone else's property and kill a pet is just dumb regardless of who's responsibility it is to maintain the boundary, you're responsible for controlling your pet regardless of where it is, a farmer has the right to shoot any dog that is worrying his animals so i wouldn't be surprised if the same applies to any landowner, I wouldn't hesitate to dispatch a fox if one came in my garden and started on my chickens and would think you could apply the same to a stray dog?

Iv just had this issue with next door but without the dog munching there rabbit. I spoke to them in passing months ago regarding the state of the fence. To no sorry we cant afford it. In the end i just ordered the fence was sat down while ordering 15 panels and gravel boards and 17 posts. Bit of a bargin 550 delivered took 3 days to rip out replace and they did come round and say thank you even though i have the nice side facing me now 😄 the only reason i did it was im doing our house up and wanted a safe garden for kids and mutley.

Edited by daystate 177

If they are responsible for that side of the fence and it's there fence, they can rip it down and have no fence if they want.Its the boundary that is yours and his ,the fence is his.( so the council tell me, my old fella had the same problem when I lived at home, next door who's fence it was couldn't be bothered, so me and my dad put one up any way for our own privacy)

Same as ,if you live next to a steptoe clan they can pile up scrap cars if they want in the front and back garden (as long as they own the house) you can complain to the council about it but as long as there hoarding activities don't block out the sunlight to adjoining properties or cause a public health issue the council ain't bothered,

It's his house and gardens and he can put what he likes in it,

It's just a shame that us folk who like to keep a tidy house/ street appearance have to put up with the rest of the lazy scruffy, bone idle ********, same goes for wheelie bins on the front even when they have room at the back of the house to put them out of the way,

Tab

Flynny

Edited by flynny

Bit of an over exaggeration. :big_boss:

You think? Killing the rabbit is only one little step away from biting the child that tries to save it's bunny. It only takes one little nip, just a scratch from the dogs tooth and it's all over.

In this case no children present apparently ............. but next time ? You can see the headlines now " Wild dog savages young child trying to save pet bunny from jaws"

If you love your dog it just isn't worth the risk, bite your tongue and put a fence up :good:

You think? Killing the rabbit is only one little step away from biting the child that tries to save it's bunny. It only takes one little nip, just a scratch from the dogs tooth and it's all over.

In this case no children present apparently ............. but next time ? You can see the headlines now " Wild dog savages young child trying to save pet bunny from jaws"

If you love your dog it just isn't worth the risk, bite your tongue and put a fence up :good:

+1 or train it to be steady to domestic pets

DE0EA2B6-1B16-4FDA-B80A-915FE0D87831_zps

Think I would put up a new fence offer to replace bunny with a live one, and relax in the knowledge that you had done your best

A good idea if the neighbour is in the right frame of mind

At the minute I have decent neighbours and this would be a fair offering on both parties,but it's all going to rest on how yours take it

Good luck,let's us know how it goes

Al

+1 or train it to be steady to domestic pets

<script pagespeed_no_defer="" type="text/javascript">//=d.offsetWidth&&0>=d.offsetHeight)a=!1;else{c=d.getBoundingClientRect();var f=document.body;a=c.top+("pageYOffset"in window?window.pageYOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollTop);c=c.left+("pageXOffset"in window?window.pageXOffset:(document.documentElement||f.parentNode||f).scrollLeft);f=a.toString()+","+c;b.b.hasOwnProperty(f)?a=!1:(b.b[f]=!0,a=a<=b.e.height&&c<=b.e.width)}a&&(b.a.push(e),b.d[e]=!0)};p.prototype.checkImageForCriticality=function(b){b.getBoundingClientRect&&q(this,b)};h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkImageForCriticality",function(b){n.checkImageForCriticality(b)});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.checkCriticalImages",function(){r(n)});var r=function(b){b.b={};for(var d=["IMG","INPUT"],a=[],c=0;c=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e)}b.g&&(e="&rd="+encodeURIComponent(JSON.stringify(s())),131072>=a.length+e.length&&(a+=e),d=!0);t=a;if(d){c=b.f;b=b.h;var f;if(window.XMLHttpRequest)f=new XMLHttpRequest;else if(window.ActiveXObject)try{f=new ActiveXObject("Msxml2.XMLHTTP")}catch(k){try{f=new ActiveXObject("Microsoft.XMLHTTP")}catch(u){}}f&&(f.open("POST",c+(-1==c.indexOf("?")?"?":"&")+"url="+encodeURIComponent(b)),f.setRequestHeader("Content-Type","application/x-www-form-urlencoded"),f.send(a))}}},s=function(){var b={},d=document.getElementsByTagName("IMG");if(0==d.length)return{};var a=d[0];if(!("naturalWidth"in a&&"naturalHeight"in a))return{};for(var c=0;a=d[c];++c){var e=a.getAttribute("pagespeed_url_hash");e&&(!(e in b)&&0=b[e].k&&a.height>=b[e].j)&&(b[e]={rw:a.width,rh:a.height,ow:a.naturalWidth,oh:a.naturalHeight})}return b},t="";h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.getBeaconData",function(){return t});h("pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run",function(b,d,a,c,e,f){var k=new p(b,d,a,e,f);n=k;c&&m(function(){window.setTimeout(function(){r(k)},0)})});})();pagespeed.CriticalImages.Run('/mod_pagespeed_beacon','http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/index.php?s=87cb90c1a3471f874a928923a0007dba&app=forums&module=ajax§ion=topics&do=quote&t=320470&p=2902983&md5check=b0f98ca18841d838017cfeff56b9a793&isRte=1,l8PuqRhht8,true,false,Rewa7pCBJDc');//]]></script> DE0EA2B6-1B16-4FDA-B80A-915FE0D87831_zps&&0

now thats what you call a rabbit !, if it came to a straight fight , the smart money would be going on bugs lol.

Depending wot u actually want to do and wot u can afford, simply running some rabbit net or rylok along ur side of the fence and steeple it onto the panels. Should be strong enogh even with rotten panels to stop ur dog going throu.

Should make ur fence dog proof instantly for very little money, but it will not looka as good as new panels.