down in the dumps!

Lord Geordie

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Touched that base a long time ago Lord Geordie. Never was going to get married again - No not ever, ever, ever...

Been hitched to the Memsahib for 35 years now and with her for a total of 42.

She's now pushing 80 and not very well on several counts but I wouldn't swap her for anyone in the world.

Felt just like you all those years ago but time goes by and time heals.

Things change and often for the better.

Keep your chin up mate - The night is darkest just before the dawn.

very sad news, keep yourself occupied, get out more with the lads and find the next conquest/ relationship,

don't mean to sound hard about Jackie but believe me you will in time find someone who is better for you and you will wonder what all the fuss was about,

most importantly is stay busy, time will pass very quickly and it wont be long before someone else is in the big bed,,

her loss not yours

atb bud Evo

More important things in life I nearly died in April after 3 heart attacks at the ripe old age of 42 you have got to get on with life, I find myself not giving a **** anymore about much, smiling as much as possible, and thinking how lucky I am to see my wife and kids everyday, but then again It's at the back of my mind everyday that when the next heart attack happens (if it does) it might be goodnight godbless.

I know this is slightly different but it still puts life into perspective.

Don't be down go shooting usually works for me....

Atb LG

Craig...

Edited by delburt0

I've just gone through it myself LG, we moved to a beautiful 4 bedroom house in the country last October and she announced 4 months ago that she wanted me out and hasn't loved me since before we moved. Cynical? too right, this is the second time she's done it to me but certainly the last. I'm trying to arrange Xmas with my son and my parents but although she has no plans she doesn't want my parents to see him because in her view her parents "take priority!"

The best advice I can give is move out asap, keep a record of everything she says and look out for the inevitable stab in the back. If you own any property or have leases or rental agreements get legal advice. Don't agree to anything without someone witnessing it because in my experience the ex will lie through her eye teeth to make you look bad.

Keep yourself busy, like you I go walking, try and avoid booze, make new friends and concentrate on work. You will get through it, I have and now look forward to seeing the ex get her comeuppance after fraudulent claims for benefits and rates allowance,(she claimed even before I left!)

Good luck mate, many people will say let go but for me the incentive to get even helps, being dumped is one thing but being taken for a mug and being lied to is something different.

I've just gone through it myself LG, we moved to a beautiful 4 bedroom house in the country last October and she announced 4 months ago that she wanted me out and hasn't loved me since before we moved. Cynical? too right, this is the second time she's done it to me but certainly the last. I'm trying to arrange Xmas with my son and my parents but although she has no plans she doesn't want my parents to see him because in her view her parents "take priority!"

The best advice I can give is move out asap, keep a record of everything she says and look out for the inevitable stab in the back. If you own any property or have leases or rental agreements get legal advice. Don't agree to anything without someone witnessing it because in my experience the ex will lie through her eye teeth to make you look bad.

Keep yourself busy, like you I go walking, try and avoid booze, make new friends and concentrate on work. You will get through it, I have and now look forward to seeing the ex get her comeuppance after fraudulent claims for benefits and rates allowance,(she claimed even before I left!)

Good luck mate, many people will say let go but for me the incentive to get even helps, being dumped is one thing but being taken for a mug and being lied to is something different.

nooo , dont ever try to play the revenge game with a woman , theyre evil monsters that will stop at nothing to make you suffer.

most of us have been in your position at some point in our life lg , its as painfull as hell , but , time is the best healer , the pain will slowly get better until one day youre feeling good again , youll move on to bigger and better things and wont look back :good:

That's bad advice trust me. Moving out ??? Why it's your home and you'll end up paying for two places.

I know a few people that have moved out and lost everything. I stayed as its my home , she moved out and got nothing

sorry to hear your news lord g you have 2 options have a real talk to jackie and change how you are to keep her happy possibly having a miserable time and not bieng yourself or step back and keep yourself busy until good times arrive and as other posters have said they will my thoughts are with you whatever happens try to keep it friendly with her bitterness will do you or her no good..rob

Listen mate I am new to PW but not new to what you are going through - 4 years past for me, after 16 years married with two kids. I know everybody will tell you it gets easier. Today you think no way, but it does. Not sure if you have kids, if you have they are the most important things right now, don't loose sight of them.

Take your time, collect your thoughts, pick yourself up, dust yourself down and then the world seems a different place.

I am now re married to the best lady in the world in fact our first wedding anniversary is coming up on 20 December.

Chin up mate, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

I am in no rush to hunt for femal trophies now!

I have my own pad and I have responsibility looking after Chris anyway, His birthday last week saw him hit 20 the old timer :lol: it's such a shame he isn't into the same stuff I am or we could have a right laugh! I am submersing myself into work at the moment, and get myself back on track as quick as I can!

I was invited to a birthday celebration this week so I am away for an evening of laughs. Then I need to see how work goes and see if I can get more hours so I can get myself a short hol booked for next year!

I am not normally down for long, I spring back to my feet and will just carry on. I Have a life I intend living!!

Guest rimotu66

LG, it sounds as if you have your head in the right place :good:

I have been there and it hurts, it really does but talking to friends (even ones like me who you have never met) and family really does help, worst thing to do is bottle things up.

My circumstances where different to yours but when I found the courage to leave my cheating ex wife I really could not see a future for myself with anyone else so I had 3 years on my own, in some ways the best 3 years of my life. Lifes pretty good now for me and am sure it will be for you as well.

Keep your chin up (both of them :lol: ) and off load on us if you need to. :good:

Blimey you lot are all finding these amazing women i am tempted to chuck my current one in for a new model....after a couple of months sampling the delights Tinder and plenty of fish has to offer first of course :lol:

My mate come up with a thought provoking proverb the other day, nothing beats fanny...except of course new fanny.

Best of luck LG hope all turns out good in the end, sure it will. And hats off to all the PWs this thread shows the great support and spirit of the shooting community.

Edited by ferguson_tom