Tarantino.

Penelope

I went to see Quentin Tarantino's new offering The Hateful Eight yesterday.

If you are a fan, go see, hell, even if you ain't, go see it, what a great film, easily up there with his others, a fantastic film, funny, dark, intelligeny and the usual Tarantino blood fest.

I must be honest I thought it was the worst film I have seen for years, tarrentino seems to be clutching at straws using the same old rubbish that is no longer clever film making. I actually fell asleep for 15 mins at one point. I was really disappointed with it.

There has been the odd negative review of this film but lets face it compared to the standard fare garbage out there it'll still likely be a great watch. The only spoiler for me is that Christoph Waltz isn't in it, I've been known to rewind his scenes a few times before now. :)

It was a good film but certainly not deserving of all the hype, had it not been for the tarrantino name I doubt anybody would be talking about it, now the reverent is worth talking about if you haven't seen it make sure you do, fantastic in every way. Watched Sicario last night as well which was another excellent film

I will be seeing Revenant this weekend.

It was a good film but certainly not deserving of all the hype, had it not been for the tarrantino name I doubt anybody would be talking about it, now the reverent is worth talking about if you haven't seen it make sure you do, fantastic in every way. Watched Sicario last night as well which was another excellent film

Can't make my mind up about Tarantino really. I sometimes get the impression he's still finding his way and he can't decide whether he wants to be a Scorcese or Rodriguez, or somewhere in between.

Jackie Brown will become a cult film, if it isn't already. He has an uncanny knack of choosing just the right soundtrack, and composes sets and visualises takes by listening to music, and is very good at it, but has a long way to go to before he can be classed as any of the greats like Kurosawa or indeed Sergio Leonne.

I heard him mention Ennio Morricone some time ago on the radio, so I have no doubt he'll get there eventually, but at the moment just lacks a certain finesse. Graphic violence has nothing to do with finesse; the two have often very successfully been welded together.

He can certainly attract the big names and is undoubtedly a major player. I have no doubt he will one day get there...I can't wait.

Sicario and the Revenant are this years films to watch, makes a hell of a change to the other drivel on the big screen,

Tarantino is great and I will be watching the hateful 8, if it's as good as pulp fiction and Jackie brown it will be good,

I love the dialogue in his movies , it's very clever and well thought out,

Atb

Flynny

I love the dialogue in his movies , it's very clever and well thought out,

:good: More than anything Tarantino movies shine because of their dialogue. Yes he does like blood and gore but mixed in with the sound track and dark comedy it tends to come across as almost cartoonish which I believe is his intention.

I thought Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Django Unchained were great films. Django slightly less.

Kill Bill films average, Inglorius Basterds was worse. Never seen Death Proof but it sounds terrible.

I would watch hateful 8 but the fact it is over 3 hours puts me off.

I thought Reservoir Dogs, Pulp Fiction, Jackie Brown and Django Unchained were great films. Django slightly less.

Kill Bill films average, Inglorius Basterds was worse. Never seen Death Proof but it sounds terrible.

I would watch hateful 8 but the fact it is over 3 hours puts me off.

2hrs 40ish minutes.

I think that, at times, Quentin is a victim of his own success.

He burst onto the scene with Reservoir Dogs which, with it`s quirky dialogue, dark humour, excellent soundtrack and great array of acting talent, instantly became a cult classic.

Then he follows that up with Pulp Fiction which simply blows everyone away. The brilliant 3 main stories intertwined and told in non chronological order with great dialogue and plenty of humour and violence. Without a doubt one of the greatest films ever produced.

And therein lies the problem. Everything he produces must now be compared to Pulp Fiction and that`s a tough movie to top or even match.

I don`t think that affects Quentin personally. He just makes the movies he wants to, and long may that continue.

Some have claimed it is his best although I also found it quite boring at times , and the twist wasn't even that good

I thought Django unchained was a much better film and enjoyed it far more

My personal favourite is Reservoir Dogs. Pulp Fiction is technically a better film, but Dogs has a raw quality to it, probably because it had a very limited budget, that I love.