Risking a PW ban here. What have I gone and done??!

Billy.

In the eyes of every farmer, gamekeeper and poultry owner, I've turned my back on them. I've taken everything I've believed in for years and thrown it all out the window....

I'm currently travelling Japan and I took a day out to visit a small town called Zaō in the north of the country. A twenty minute drive into the mountains takes you to a small village. More specifically, a fox village.

This place is home to hundreds of free roaming foxes, which have very little fear of humans, all under the careful control of a sanctuary.

So, obviously I took the opportunity to shoot whichever one got within range. ...With my camera :oops:

It's said to be the only fox village in the world. It's an incredible sight to see. Fear not though, I won't be defecting to LACS any time soon :lol: The offer to have a ten minute 'cuddle' with a more docile fox was on offer, but I know how hard it is to get the stench off you. So I watched the other visitors learn this lesson for themselves.

Feel free to print off the photos and use them as targets :rolleyes: I just thought the forum might appreciate something a little different, especially given how rare it is to get this close to a living fox for a photo.

As there was some interest in a photography thread, all these photos were taken on my iPhone 6.

hdN9mWq.jpg

Gro2FNx.jpg

vbFv84b.jpg

EKfNpby.jpg

QujBYoI.jpg

MrP1Jpc.jpg

WddOAof.jpg

G65Hx1r.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that they had a cat island a rabbit island and a deer village, but I'd never heard of this one. Incredible photos. Hard to believe it's a phone camera, but I have the same phone myself and the photos it is capable of taking are superb. Although I've never taken any as good as the selection you have here, the content, light and colours are fabulous.

How long are you out there for, Japan is a country I really want to visit!

I'm out here for 22 days.

I went to Japan on a bit of a bit of a drunken decision. I sold my flat and said to myself that I'd use some of the money to treat myself and tick off a few items on the bucket list.

When you start planning a trip like this, it actually gets pretty daunting when you read how much it costs, the customs and language barrier. I nearly cancelled the trip in all honesty, after trying to get my plans put in place.

In short. It's probably the best country I've visited.

The reason behind this really lays with the general Japanese culture of 'put others before you'. This even extends to not even complaining about things, as this would burden the person you're talking to with your troubles. So everyone just gets on with life rather than whinging like us Brits!

It's the tidiest country I've ever set foot in, but you rarely find a bin.

Everyone queues nicely.

The trains are unbelievable. Puts even the Swiss to shame.

It's not that expensive here. I'm currently sat in a restaurant and I've had sashimi, nigiri and a huge squid, plus five pints and the bill is under £20.

I could honestly go on all day about how amazing this place is, but the one trick to having a good time here is to make sure you make the most of it. Be strict and get yourself up in the mornings and do things. Avoid group tours and just go it alone.

Also, get a JR Pass. It's a rail pass for the bullet train, but you can't buy it in Japan. It's for tourists only. Mine cost £250 for two weeks unlimited travel. One return Tokyo - Osaka can cost that and I've done that trip twice now.

PM me if you need any further advice on going. I'm more than happy to help anyone out.

A great YouTube channel to watch is AbroadInJapan by this English guy who is a teacher out here.

Here's a bonus couple of photos from Nara park, where Sika deer roam free and come and eat crackers from your hand.

vDPQeXS.jpg

EvJUJqm.jpg

QojjKsb.jpg

PXfLzyM.jpg

Edited by Billy.