EU In or out

old'un

I have an addressed envelope for No 10, when my leaflet arrives I will add a succinct message to outside & return it, Maybe if enough people did the same it might make the news,especially if there were a few mailbags full!

I had the exact same thought when I heard the news.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we being a small country needs to be in so that's what I would vote .

Being a small country need to be in? Seriously? The original agreement was a trade deal, not a 60% of law dictated by Brussels. This "small" country can trade with who ever it wants to without the EU dictating to us... Dont gwt scared by all the stories on the BBC or the IN MP's are spouting. Its purely scare mongering..

This "small" country was once a great manufacturer and exporter, why cant it be that again.. Might mean a bit of hard graft but its not impossible

Our "small country" is . . .

The World`s largest financial centre.

The World`s 5th largest economy (set to overtake Germany in the next few years).

The World`s 5th largest military.

The World`s 10th largest exporter of goods/manufacturer.

As Daniel Hannan said in his pro Brexit speech "How much bigger do we need to be?"

Don`t buy into the "we can`t make it on our own" rubbish. If that`s your only reason to stay in, then vote to leave.

I'm not sure which country you're referring to - Wales, England or the UK in general, but this "small" country is subsidising a lot of other countries, many of which are already in the EU and there's plenty more on the waiting list trying to get their share.

Vote to stay in by all means, but I don't think it's the way to go.

I have an addressed envelope for No 10, when my leaflet arrives I will add a succinct message to outside & return it, Maybe if enough people did the same it might make the news,especially if there were a few mailbags full!

Good idea .signed for too eh,I'm in

Getting back on topic, the problem brexit faces I believe is mostly those to young to remember the UK before being part of Europe who will probably vote to stay in, couple that with the general lack of knowledge most of the UK has about politics and we'll end up with a better the devil you know vote to stay in.

The ***** above said Wales isn't a country. What is it then, PS wasn't speaking to you

No need to get defensive buddy, this isn't a witch hunt.. I was mearly asking how does the EU see us as. Are were three countries or one United Kingdom.

Getting back on topic, the problem brexit faces I believe is mostly those to young to remember the UK before being part of Europe who will probably vote to stay in, couple that with the general lack of knowledge most of the UK has about politics and we'll end up with a better the devil you know vote to stay in.

Im too young to know but have had conversation with parents and grandparents (basically people of the age who.would know) and im an out.

Surely the government should be neutral until a vote is cast ? They're supposed to either do our bidding or act in the best interests of the country, and until they know what the majority of voters want they can do neither.

Surely the government should be neutral until a vote is cast ? They're supposed to either do our bidding or act in the best interests of the country, and until they know what the majority of voters want they can do neither.

Yep that's how it's supposed to be rodp........but unfortunately it ain't! Never was and probably never will be!

Our "small country" is . . .

The World`s largest financial centre.

The World`s 5th largest economy (set to overtake Germany in the next few years).

The World`s 5th largest military.

The World`s 10th largest exporter of goods/manufacturer.

As Daniel Hannan said in his pro Brexit speech "How much bigger do we need to be?"

Don`t buy into the "we can`t make it on our own" rubbish. If that`s your only reason to stay in, then vote to leave.

But the question is did we become the above country due to or despite the EU?

BTW I'm still undecided but having just read the gov's leaflet I'm feeling even more sympathy for the OUT campaign. Not once did they tackle the subjects of [the lack of] democratic processes in the EU or any mention of increasing political union but seemed to focus of fringe benefits such as mobile phone costs and lots of conjecture on the future of trade.

BTW I'm still undecided but having just read the gov's leaflet I'm feeling even more sympathy for the OUT campaign. Not once did they tackle the subjects of [the lack of] democratic processes in the EU or any mention of increasing political union but seemed to focus of fringe benefits such as mobile phone costs and lots of conjecture on the future of trade.

Telling us side issues they think interests us whilst avoiding the major issues is an example of the contempt the rich and powerful hold the populous in

Seeing as how the eu didn't exist when most of it was achieved I would think the answer is quite simple :whistling:

I see he is useing the younger generation,thats what they are aiming at,,Why,??,Because the older generation were not cap in hand before 1975,most of them were not even thought of.!!.

The older people knew we were not reliant on anybody from France,Germany and all the rest of the lets take them for a ride merchants..

I don`t doubt some of it has come about as a result of us being part of the common market. However no one is saying we should stop trade with Europe. The arguments about us losing trade or having to renegotiate new deals don`t seem to hold water. They will still want to trade with us and the Vienna Treaty means ours deals will stand.

What we`ll gain is the ability to negotiate our own deals with the rest of the world without having to worry about the opinions of 27 other nations. We`ll no longer have to suffer the Euro Comission imposing laws we don`t want. Yes we`ll still have to conform to EU standards if we sell there but those who have no interest in trading with europe won`t have to follow those rules, unlike now. Instead they will be able to manufacture products according to the sole standards of the nations they wish to trade with.