Keanu Reeves shooting 3 gun

Remember reading an article about how val kilmer and Thomas jane were both considered by their ex-special forces firearms instructors to be good enough to compete in ipsc and three gun competition - i suppose if you are to portray a highly skilled shooter on screen, you need to look as though you know what end to hold. Certainly looks like they knew what they were doing in "heat".

He's done that once or twice before! :) Enjoyed that, it brought a smile to my face; reminded me of my handgun days. Great fun.

Sorry, and please, I'm not trying to hijack....

For some reason when I went to Bisley on Sunday I had a flashback to the days when I was a boy and went up with my Dad, he regularly bought/sold pistols at Fultons and I have fond memories of an array of them laying on the counter and handling them.

Sorry, just an old boy getting older I guess! :good:

Remember reading an article about how val kilmer and Thomas jane were both considered by their ex-special forces firearms instructors to be good enough to compete in ipsc and three gun competition - i suppose if you are to portray a highly skilled shooter on screen, you need to look as though you know what end to hold. Certainly looks like they knew what they were doing in "heat".

The technical weapons advisor on Heat was Andy McNab

• 1 year later...

Brilliant film Heat, the scene with Val Kilmer at the bank when he is smiling then just opens fire seeing the police was supposed to be perfect technique and got used in training videos I read somewhere.