National Parks Survey

Dear All,

please see here:

http://www.cnp.org.uk/news/help-shape-national-parks-future

You will see that shooting is on their suggested list of what should be prohibited in national parks!

Please take time to complete the survey, but in the relevant comment's boxes point out that shooting is highly beneficial both economically and for the conservation benefits it brings, and that surveys like this should not be used to prevent law abiding citizens form going about tier recreational busies!

We are writing to the originator of the survey on this very point, but the more you can do to have your says as individual shooters the better

thanks

David

I did my best to politely remind them of that !

...and to remind them of how beneficial to a country and economy a sensitively implemented energy and minerals industry can be.

Edited by LeadWasp

Another organisation that has been taken over by cranks and idiots.

Remembering that I own/farm in a National Park, I love the bit about should farming be allowed in NP's.

Fools seem to have forgotten that the majority of NP land is privately owned.

Agreed, how the chuff they think the Dales would exist without any agriculture had me stumped!

Another organisation that has been taken over by cranks and idiots.

Remembering that I own/farm in a National Park, I love the bit about should farming be allowed in NP's.

Fools seem to have forgotten that the majority of NP land is privately owned.

That's exactly what I pointed out in my comment. National parks should be there to protect a landscape borne from farming and they are most definitely not a countryside theme parks.

Done, with comments as shown below. Hope the NFU have spotted the page inviting folk to say they would like to see "less farming" in the National Parks.

I was surprised by the design of this questionnaire.

Any normal survey would ask whether a particular activity should be (a) encouraged (b) discouraged or (c ) left free from interference. A substantial proportion of this present survey has been designed in the form of leading questions and, in particular, there is a whole page inviting the respondent to say that certain activities of major importance to the rural economy ought to be prevented. That mode of questioning is wholly negative, and the level of bias is such that no scientifically valid conclusions could ever be drawn.

The survey asks people to say that they would prefer to see "Less farming". It fails to ask whether anybody would like to see more farming, or more profitable farming.

The survey invites people to say they would like to prevent shooting, an activity that provides substantial employment and economic activity outside the summer tourist season, allowing hotels, B&B and on-farm accommodation to stay in business. It fails to ask whether shooting activities should be encouraged in order to help support the rural economy, maintain the condition of farmland, woodland and moorlands, and enhance the nations food supply.

To anybody who earns a living from the land, this blatantly biased questionnaire will appear to have been deliberately designed as part of a campaign to convert large areas of Britain from productive agriculture into a playground.

Done, with comments as shown below. Hope the NFU have spotted the page inviting folk to say they would like to see "less farming" in the National Parks.

I was surprised by the design of this questionnaire.

Any normal survey would ask whether a particular activity should be (a) encouraged (b) discouraged or (c ) left free from interference. A substantial proportion of this present survey has been designed in the form of leading questions and, in particular, there is a whole page inviting the respondent to say that certain activities of major importance to the rural economy ought to be prevented. That mode of questioning is wholly negative, and the level of bias is such that no scientifically valid conclusions could ever be drawn.

The survey asks people to say that they would prefer to see "Less farming". It fails to ask whether anybody would like to see more farming, or more profitable farming.

The survey invites people to say they would like to prevent shooting, an activity that provides substantial employment and economic activity outside the summer tourist season, allowing hotels, B&B and on-farm accommodation to stay in business. It fails to ask whether shooting activities should be encouraged in order to help support the rural economy, maintain the condition of farmland, woodland and moorlands, and enhance the nations food supply.

To anybody who earns a living from the land, this blatantly biased questionnaire will appear to have been deliberately designed as part of a campaign to convert large areas of Britain from productive agriculture into a playground.

Excellent response ; well thought out and totally pertinent.

Edited by Scully