Off to Bristol on Tuesday!

Lord Geordie

All my overtime has paid dividends and on Tuesday I am off to Bristol. I found a Falcon Raptor in a light hunter stock for £195 at Braces gun shop in Bristol. Needs a mag, and maybe some fettling. But for that price it's a bargain either way you slice it. So setting off nice and early, and hope to get there about 1pm to pick it up! Then have a mooch around bristol as I have never been before, then head back north about 6

Looking forward to it :D

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May be a long way but Dan and Dan at braces are both good blokes, enjoy your mooch round. I will be sat in the office looking out at the shopping centre all day...

Great guys +1. Pity its not another day (working tues) you could come out shooting with me I have lots of Barley to cover at the mo.

Think Bristol would cost more than £80.00 in fuel in most cars.

Newcastle to Bristol must be near a 650 mile round trip.

Good luck with the trip and your purchase.

Prob another £250-300 in fuel then! Jeeze hope the gun is a good deal. Sometimes though it's nice to just enjoy the trip :)

I am studying in Bristol at the moment and really like it here :)

Welcome to Bristol. Weather forecast looks cool and cloudy.

If you've time for a short mooch round then avoid shops like Cabot Circus, The Galleries and The Mall. All chain style stores like you have up your way.

Recommend you soak up a bit of our history. For example visit St Mary's Redcliffe church, described by QE 1st in 1574 as the fairest goodliest and famous church parish church in England. Or the City Docks and the restored SS Great Britain (Isombard Kingdom Brunel), near to which is The Matthew (if in harbour) a reconstruction of John Cabot's famous ship. Bristol Blue Glass workshops. M shed with it's history of Bristol. All within a few hundreds yards of each other in that area of the docks. Braces will give you directions.

I might have a spare magazine for a Falcon which I could post you FOC if I can find it tonight when I get home from work. Mine was a FN19 and has one of those rectangular mag's that take 10 pellets that the same for the Raptor?

I had 2 mags, but I lost one and after I sold it I found it a few months later in my car glove box.

I might have a spare magazine for a Falcon which I could post you FOC if I can find it tonight when I get home from work. Mine was a FN19 and has one of those rectangular mag's that take 10 pellets that the same for the Raptor?

I had 2 mags, but I lost one and after I sold it I found it a few months later in my car glove box.

That's very kind of you sir😊

Not if it's in .177! :lol::good:

.177 is my prefered caliber. Just use a heavier pellet! 😉 best of both worlds😊

If you need any timber for projects again I'm only off the m42 ;)

Thanks for that! Shame I don't have the time to pop in just to say Hi. I will be down that way again at son point, so will try then!

Welcome to Bristol. Weather forecast looks cool and cloudy.

If you've time for a short mooch round then avoid shops like Cabot Circus, The Galleries and The Mall. All chain style stores like you have up your way.

Recommend you soak up a bit of our history. For example visit St Mary's Redcliffe church, described by QE 1st in 1574 as the fairest goodliest and famous church parish church in England. Or the City Docks and the restored SS Great Britain (Isombard Kingdom Brunel), near to which is The Matthew (if in harbour) a reconstruction of John Cabot's famous ship. Bristol Blue Glass workshops. M shed with it's history of Bristol. All within a few hundreds yards of each other in that area of the docks. Braces will give you directions.

Thanks!

Plan on making the most of it ;)