Iron

kyska

I'm currently using a Morphy Richards anti-calc turbo steam, it's ok but doesn't really get the creases out of my linen suit properly.

Could this be a iron/ironing board coefficient insufficiency?

If not, what irons are you guys using at the minute?

It's driving me mad.

I'm currently using a Morphy Richards anti-calc turbo steam, it's ok but doesn't really get the creases out of my linen suit properly.

Could this be a iron/ironing board coefficient insufficiency?

If not, what irons are you guys using at the minute?

It's driving me mad.

What is this strange contraption of which you speak?

Shocking , you have a linen suit :no:

As for the iron, I use a Stirovap steam generator iron not cheap but it is the only thing I have found that will put the correct crease in my underpants , all the cheaper versions I have tried you really need to wash them first.

Apparently your supposed to start ironing linen like yours when still slightly damp then hang up carefully to air off while it cools, otherwise the creases your trying get rid of have already dried in, when you need the ironed creases ones you want to dry in to the fabric.

Hope that makes sense.

ironing ? , is this some kind of feminine issue ?.

Mel, I think some of the members from obviously "Big softy" boroughs are in touch with their feminine side. Obviously us Black Country "proper blokes" don't suffer this affliction. :lol: :lol:

I also find a lot of irons do not generate a good quality steam, even some of the ones with a large external tank. I have a Tefal Iron, mid range, has the turbo steam button for difficult creases, but I find it works rather well. Back when I had silk shirts etc :whistling: I found tossing em straight from the tub, into the drier, and you didn't need the iron! Dont know if it would have a similar effect on linen! Most of my suits go to the dry cleaners! I have a three piece wool suit that cost more than my car :oops: One O those classic parental advices! And i have used it once :lol: I have lost 4 stone and still cant bring myself round to getting rid :no:

Mel, I think some of the members from obviously "Big softy" boroughs are in touch with their feminine side. Obviously us Black Country "proper blokes" don't suffer this affliction. :lol: :lol:

Youre right mate , any bloke that knows how to use an iron probably has a Brazilian too :-)