shotguns on trains

Whatever you do don't do what 100s of passengers do daily and leave stuff on the train.

We have had wheel chairs, walking frames, an air rifle, push bikes, top daglies laptops in excess of £1k worth, 1000s of brollies and even actual passengers WOW.

Hard case most definitely if possible and keep your hands on it. :yes::good:

I used to do it when I was a bit younger,

I would travel from Todmorden up to Yarm with a shotgun broken down and 100 carts plus clothes and stuff...would be traveling up to my uncles farm for a weekend of shooting and stuff..just wrapped each piece in a towel and taped it up

Whenever I've got the sleeper back from Inverness in August or September there are always two or three guys getting off at Euston on the Monday morning dressed for the office, with the addition of a shooting jacket and a shotgun in its slip.

Not sure of their personal financial situations but they looked like sportsmen to me.

It was meant as a guess based on the facts you had given, not a criticism!.......if that is what's implied? Monday morning dressed for the office, in London, probably returning from Scotland in August/September with guns?............season open for? grouse/deer?......Both very expensive hence my comment regarding "rich boys"

Edited by panoma1