Crow Shooting The American Way

belly47

I have shot crows in Tennessee and Mississippi, there is certainly no shortage of them.

It was educational for those that think you can shoot anything, anywhere in the US, to hear about the federal crow season and state restrictions on what days of the week you can shoot, what is in fact an agricultural pest.

I have shot doves in the US and the rules there are similarly restrictive, including bag limits.

The old bearded man was an educated and knowledgeable countryman as well as being an expert shot.

Takes one to know one jdog

I have shot crows in Tennessee and Mississippi, there is certainly no shortage of them.

It was educational for those that think you can shoot anything, anywhere in the US, to hear about the federal crow season and state restrictions on what days of the week you can shoot, what is in fact an agricultural pest.

I have shot doves in the US and the rules there are similarly restrictive, including bag limits.

Yet it seems the use of electronic calls is okay unlike here

Really enjoyed that, thanks for posting. Seems strange to consider a closed season for a pest species, and weekends ( including Friday ) only. There again I suppose there will be many many more shooters in the USA, as a percentage of the population, preying on the same species as compared to the UK.

An English 12 is my hide companion, with the barrels in the right configuration, not one above and one below, nor on it's own, but juxta like they should be.

Nice. Come on, who else is still loving the side by side in the hide? Poets only?

Edited by Penelope

• 3 weeks later...

I enjoyed that too, the bearded man was indeed a expert shot.... good advice about the chokes too, I tend to up the chokes while crow shooting as carrion crows spook so easy that sometimes you have to take a longer than normal shot and I want them hit hard and dead in the air....

Tedly

• 1 month later...