HANGOVER DOOM!

7daysinaweek

So chaps and chapesses having just read a recent thread were some one was suffering a bit of a hangover thought i would get peoples thoughts. Having not touched a drop for about 4 months as i have been studying for an exam i have at uni this coming week then i am done. i am due a blowout and will probably be visited post libation by the dreaded hangover. probably been done to death on here but would be interested in how other pw's negate the ill effects of the dreaded Grog, any sound evidence based and wild and wonderful cures welcomed.

atb 7diaw

So chaps and chapesses having just read a recent thread were some one was suffering a bit of a hangover thought i would get peoples thoughts. Having not touched a drop for about 4 months as i have been studying for an exam i have at uni this coming week then i am done. i am due a blowout and will probably be visited post libation by the dreaded hangover. probably been done to death on here but would be interested in how other pw's negate the ill effects of the dreaded Grog, any sound evidence based and wild and wonderful cures welcomed.

atb 7diaw

Pint of water before bed.

Don't mix drinks, stick to either lager/ale or the same spirit all night,

Plenty of water before hitting the sack, and take a pint of water to bed with you,

A good brekkie when you wake up ,again with plenty of water,

Get some graft in that day and forget about it,(don't drive for obvious reasons

And also if you can't hack the hangover. " don't get so wrecked in the first place" get some control man lol

Tab

Flynny

Don't mix drinks, stick to either lager/ale or the same spirit all night,

Plenty of water before hitting the sack, and take a pint of water to bed with you,

A good brekkie when you wake up ,again with plenty of water,

Get some graft in that day and forget about it,(don't drive for obvious reasons

And also if you can't hack the hangover. " don't get so wrecked in the first place" get some control man lol

Tab

Flynny

nice one Flynny :lol:

that is the problem when it is flowing and the Craic is good it is the very devil!

All this mention of a pint of water is OK but the OP is going on the wee wee not going down the village hall for a game of whist.

If his intentions are good how on earth is he going to be able to pour himself a pint of water before bed, and will he remember, and then of course he is just adding to the risk of wetting the bed whilst absolutely out of it.

Not a bad idea though,

just an idea best left in the sensible cupboard. Not for this occasion :good:

Dtchman think i will give the cup of oil a miss might result in the worst episode of the trots experienced by man!

Belly i have tried the inbetween water thingy before but it soon goes out the window with me after the first couple, maybe need to pace myself.

Sculley unfortunately i will have to sober up at some time.

Graham would love to try the other in the morning but i usually cannot function, however surprisinglyit is the only thing that is awake the next day. i go to sleep in a bed and wake up in a tent! happy days.

foxshooter i can never stay awake.

keep them coming guys :lol::good:

atb 7diaw

Do wot I do not touched a drop in 25 years

As said before water before bed if sober enough to remember then in morning alka seltzer, coke ( not the diet type you need the sugar ), a bacon sarnie and then a few pints at lunch time as soon as the pubs opened. Always worked for me.

Edited by stewartward

Plenty of water before bed with two paracetamol and have a pint of water next to the bed with more painkillers and dioralyte for rehydration. If that don't work your stuffed and best get a couple more beers into you.

Edited by figgy

I found i could only ever slightly limit the hangover and as they have become unbearable in the last couple of years i dont really bother anymore, a night on the swill is not worth as much as a day with a clear head to me anymore, i do still have the odd pint(sat afternoon sat by a canal) but not a big session.

I expect i will naturally become t total by the age of 40

All this mention of a pint of water is OK but the OP is going on the wee wee not going down the village hall for a game of whist.

If his intentions are good how on earth is he going to be able to pour himself a pint of water before bed, and will he remember, and then of course he is just adding to the risk of wetting the bed whilst absolutely out of it.

Not a bad idea though,

just an idea best left in the sensible cupboard. Not for this occasion :good:

If you have a few and need somewhere to stay , there is no way your sharing my tent at PW weekend, I don't want to wake up with you whizzing all over the place lol lol.

Reggie gun and sparkle are into that type of thing , judging by the noises coming out of There tents last year lol lol

Atb

Flynny

I found i could only ever slightly limit the hangover and as they have become unbearable in the last couple of years i dont really bother anymore, a night on the swill is not worth as much as a day with a clear head to me anymore, i do still have the odd pint(sat afternoon sat by a canal) but not a big session.

I expect i will naturally become t total by the age of 40

I agree mate, I'm 42, and can't be bothered with the going out malarkey any more because of the reasons you state,

But give me a fire and a bottle of single malt and it's a different story lol( I promise I won't whizz all over the bedding though)

Atb

Flynny

Edited by flynny